Corona Pt. 2 ( angst w/ happy ending! :) )

Hey all!! This is pt. 2!! Will have a happy ending dwww
Thank you for the continued support while I was gone I truly appreciate it! I will do my best now that I have summer break :)).

Kageyama has been in the hospital for a few weeks now, the symptoms have caught up to him...

"He is completely bedridden... he now currently weighs 95lb and for being 5'11 and an athletic male it's very unhealthy and it's concerning..."
"W-will he be okay...?"
"I'm not sure... if his condition doesn't improve in the next week.... We will have to pull the plug-"
"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!! FAMILY DECIDES THAT!!"
"In this case, you nor the family has a say... we have other patients who need that room as well... please make yourself comfortable... visiting hours end in a few..."

Hinata looks over to kageyama through the window, he has a ventilator to his side pumping oxygen to his lungs. His eyes sunken into his skull... his muscle looks like it was never there and he's just skin and bones. The eye bags very evident, but his eyes are peacefully closed as he is resting.

"K-kageyama... p-please... I-I can't lose you... start eating... start drinking... wake up... fight please... I know you're tired... I am too... please.. stay with me..."

Kageyama softly opens his eyes and glances at the window slowly. His eyes glazed over and dull from the constant battle for his life.

"Sho....you..."

His voice is raspy and dry from the lack of water and energy

"There you go.... That's my tobio..."

Hinata flashes a weak smile to him, with tears obviously running down his face... his hand against the glass, wishing his fingers to be intertwined with his.
Kageyama being too weak to walk... he lifts his arm up slightly to the railing on the bed and holds it... wanting to pull himself off the bed to his lover on the opposite side of the glass. The evident heartbreak between the two...

"Sir..? Visiting hours are almost over... we suggest you leave.."
"C-can I please stay...? Just a little longer...?"

The young graduate looks up to the nurse pleading but... unfortunately, he packed his things steadily..

"I-I will be back tomorrow... I love you okay..?"

He turns to leave but he turns back one more time to glance at him before the night begins and sees a heartbreaking image of kageyamas small weak hand outstretched to him... tears falling down kageyamas cheeks. Seeing the desperation in his eyes of wanting to hold him again...

*next morning*

"He seems to start eating and drinking again... small potions but an improvement... we have to keep the nutritional IV in his system because the portions aren't enough to sustain him-"
"Doctor.. here's the test result"
"The Covid test?"
"Yes sir.."
"W-wait... I-if he is negative.. c-can I see him again..?"
"Yes sir... he tested negative before but we re-tested again because he was still showing symptoms.."

A glimmer of hope was seen in that folder... he can hold him... hug him, kiss him, comfort him, tell him how much he loved him-

"It's negative... you will have to wait a while for us to transfer him rooms and to run his morning routine but... you are now permitted to see him-"
"OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCHH!!"

He jumped and hugged the doctor and started sobbing into his coat from the pure joy.

"Please let go of me-"
"Right sorry-"

After a while they finally finished Tobios morning routine and the disinfecting of his new room.
Hinata took the time to pick up foods and drinks he would like to make the stay easier...
He walks into the room and their eyes meet...
Hinata can't help but burst into tears now seeing his condition face to face... he looks so pale, his eyes not the same beautiful deep blue that they were.. a glazed over black... his muscular shoulders, arms, legs... now replaced with skin and bone... he looks malnourished...

"K-kagey-yama..."
"Shoyou... I-im sorry-"
"Shhh shhh shhh... *sniff* it's okay... just... it's okay.."

He gives a gentle smile and goes and sits next to the bed and holds his hand for the first time in 3 weeks.

"How are you...?"
"I'm good! Heh... natsu misses you coming over.."
"It's been a while.... I usually come over every week.."
"Yea... heh.... she thinks you're her big brother too~ she made you a card..."

Kageyama sees the card.. still too weak hinata holds and opens it for him.. seeing the cute crayon drawn stick figures of all of them together playing. The slightly messy written "get well soon!!" Written on top with a big signature at the bottom.

"Aweee... I miss her too... but... I missed you most of all..."

He squeezed hinatas hand with the little strength he had.. his bony fingers encapsulating hinatas soft, tender hands.

".... I-I missed... I-I missed you too... s-so much.... I was so worried... h-he said he would have to pull the plug on you... h-he he w-was gonna t-take you f-from me I-I can't live w-without you-"

With each word came the shaking of his body, tears streaming down his face.. venting his fears to kageyama of how scared he was of losing him. That in just a few days he would have to watch doctors pull the plug on him and watch the love of his life pass away in front of him. They just finished their first year of being together... it was gonna be too soon..

"Shhhh shhh... I'm still here okay..? I just... I need to eat more then... I can start physical therapy..."
"That's good... phew... I love you..."
"I love you more... heh"

Over the next few weeks, kageyamas appetite improved and was able to get off the nutritional IV and able to sustain himself solely on the food he ate. He began physical therapy with hinata right by his side..

"You can do it... you are walking fine on the bar!! Maybe try withouttt~"
"I-I don't know... what if I fall? I can-"
"I will catch you... and the other nurses too-"
".... Fine... if I get hurt it's your fault~"
"Yada yada get up there!!"

He got up on the platform and he started first walking with the two bars, his legs starting to tremble anticipating the next few steps. he slowly took his hands off... he took about 3 steps before his legs buckled and Hinata had to dive to catch him.

"G-GOTCHU-"
"Phew... i-i took 3 steps..."

Kageyama had a gleam of accomplishment in his eyes, his eyes are back to the deep beautiful blue they once were. Hinata full of pride and joy for his boyfriend for making such a fast recovery so far.

*3 months later*

"Check out paperwork is all completed, a physical therapist will be visiting your home over the course of..."

They can finally check out, kageyama is finally putting back on muscle and looking more like himself again.. he is now more around 120lbs, which is slightly below average but far better than where he once was.

"Okay!! I have the paperwork!! We... we can... we can finally go home... together this time..."
"Yea.. heh... and... I can actually walk-"

"They both laugh as they get in the car and kageyama had a small surprise in the back seat"

"KAGEYAMA- KUN YOURE BAAACCKKKK!!!!"
"HEY NATSUU!!"

-
-
-
Hope you guys liked it!!