Chapter 2: Platform 9¾

Beta read by Shigiya and DOOMRAIDER.
.

.

.
--Malfoy Manor-

-Lucius PoV-

He was a strange one, an anomaly he never knew how to deal with, a riddle he couldn't solve no matter how hard he tried. The idea of putting together a puzzle only for him to never find that last piece was the only comparison he could make.

Truly, his son — Jarius — was unlike any child he had ever seen.

The moment he was born, Lucius could see he was different from his brother Draco. The latter who cried just any babies was met with silence from his brother. The small child he held in his hands looked at him with both innocent curiosity and wonder twinkling in those grey eyes which came from himself. It didn't take long for him to realize what this meant.

The boy was a genius.

Learning to read before the age of two and speaking without even having his full set of teeths grown in yet. He gained a keen interest in magic as well, having once stolen his mother's wand when she wasn't looking — which they all concluded to be an accidental use of magic. Even though such conduct wasn't suited for a member of the Malfoy family; Lucius couldn't help but grow curious with his son's development.

These abnormalities kept getting increasingly noticeable the more he aged. Always so joyful and mischievous, he never feared him like his less impressive brother. Not once has he broken eye contact with him, not once did he waiver or back away. Even when Lucius scolded the boy or punished him for his vulgar language and juvenile behavior; he never stopped smiling.

While Draco would cry and whimper, his brother would comfort him away from view. Lucius always kept a close eye on them, and Jarius kept surprising him at every turn.

On the few occasions he did cry or scream, the boy would perform Intentional wandless magic. Some magical children exhibited mild degrees of control over their magic and were able to use it with intent, but not to cast specific spells. The ability to perform specific spells without a wand was an advanced ability that even some adult wizards and witches found difficult.

Unfortunately, these instances of magic were rather… specific. 

Everytime he or Narcissa would drink a cup of tea, the cup would spontaneously break and ruin their clothes. These continued to happen anytime Jarius was in the room, even guests were not spared from his theatrics. He would laugh every time one of them got sullied.

A joker he was at a young age.

This also showed Lucius that his son had some degree of control over his powers. Which was both elating and worrisome. He knew the wizarding world was extremely wary over such cases when there were rumors about his Lord being of similar prowess before the age of eleven.

At the age of seven, Jarius became more knowledgeable in many fields of magic. Having an instead understanding of basic spells and their core mechanism before having held a wand in his life. This prompted the cold patriarch of the Malfoy family to intentionally use mundane spells in front of his son, to have the child observe and understand the effects at an earlier age.

He surpassed his older brother in every way, shape or form.

Even if Draco was born the first, it was his brother who acted as the eldest. He had the most talent, intelligence and strong-willed to be considered the next heir of the Malfoys.

But with every good thing, there comes a disadvantage. And dear Merlin, did his son have many of those…

A point which both him and Narcissa disapproved of with the boy was his fascination with the Muggle world. From the various assortment of technology he bought from the other side by converting the coins he was given into coins. From literature that involved weirdly drawn characters and small handheld devices he used to play some form of games.