Coming home

It was April 12th and Hermione and Ron were sitting at their favorite bar. They each sipped a mug of beer and laughed happily. The war had ended and they were both 24. They were getting ready for a marriage in a month and they had been engaged for a year.

As the marry two talked about their day at work, the bill was placed in front of them.

"Hermione. Could you please pay the bill?" Ron asked as he slid the receipt towered her.

"Your the gentlemen." She replied. 'At least I thought' she said under her breath.

"Well, I don't have any money. Please?" Ron pleaded.

"Fine. But you will clean the windows tomorrow, correct?" She scolded.

"Sure," Ron grimaced.

"Good." As she laid a ten on the counter, she grabbed Ron hands and headed for the door.

"See you later Ron!" The bar tender called out.

"Ron, how does he know your name. We only come here twice a month. There can't be any way he has already learned your name." Hermione pointed out.

"Hm. Must be a rare coincidence." Ron said shyly.

"Ron, you okay? You seem uncomfortable." Hermione studied Ron's worried face and decided to leave it be. He didn't ever share anything about his personal life. Not even to Hermione.

When the two of them entered their apartment, immediately, Ron said,
"Hermione, I can't believe it! I left my wand at the bar!!"

"At a muggle bar!? You better hurry and get it! They could easily mistake as an old stick!" Hermione spat.

Ron nodded and rushed out of the door with a flash.

'Stupid boy. When will he learn?' thought Hermione.

After about 2 hours, the clock struck midnight.

"Where could Ron be? It couldn't be that hard to find a wand." Hermione muttered. As soon as she said this, Ron burst in.

"There you are! I was getting to won-" she was cut short by her love.

"Save it, I'm hungry." Ron burped.

"Ron, you okay?" Hermione gasped. He might have been a bubbly oaf, but never did he ever interrupt her. "Did you find your wand?" Hermione questioned.

"Wand? Oh, uh, yeah! Why do you care. Your a stupid mud-blood anyway." Ron commented disgusted.

Hermione was stunned. She was never so upset with Ron. "Ron! Come back here! What is your problem!?" Hermione had tears swelling into her eyes threatening to pour out of her soul.

"Bloody hell, do you ever shut up?" Ron shot. He was leaned over the fridge scavenging for food. His appearance was groggy and tired and Hermione was furious.

"If that's the way you feel..." Hermione whispered. She cut over to the desk in the den and wrote a note to Ginny and attached it to her owl. It flew off into the night and so did Hermione.