Dinner Date

Malfoy got up at 9:00, eager to have a good day with Hermione. He brushed through his hair at least 20 different times before he thought it look reasonable. When the clock struck 11:00, he was out the door stumbling to meet Hermione on time. 'Why am I getting so worked up about this? IT'S A GRANGER!" He told himself.

"I have to leave Lavender!" Hermione's exit was blocked by Lavender Brown who was being quite annoying at the moment.

"Why? You didn't get your work finished!" Lavender protested. Hermione tried to duck through Lavender's legs, but she was fast enough to see Hermione's plan before it played out.

"LAVENDER! I AM YOUR HIRER AND I COULD EASILY FIRE YOU!" Hermione screeched at Lavender. This time she moved. Hermione stomped out of the office, and jogged just to be 1 minute ahead. Malfoy had already gotten them a table.

"About time. I've been waiting her for ages." Malfoy smirked.

"I thought you would be late supposing how stubborn and dimwitted you are." Hermione glared. They both laughed and ordered some drinks.

"So, why were you pushing your time limit?" Malfoy asked as he sipped tea.

"Lavender, my assistant, seemed to be in a mood to where she couldn't let me do anything until my work was finished." Hermione laughed dryly.

"So how did you get out?" Malfoy smiled.

"Threatened to fire her." Hermione chuckled.

"Why would you ever want to fire a Brown?" Malfoy glared.

"Are you being serious?" Hermione said.

"Why not? They have their appeals." Hermione was so confused. Malfoy saying Lavender had an appeal? Hermione could only conclude she was eating with a bogart.

"Whatever..." Hermione started to laugh and Malfoy happily chinned in. "I always thought of you as a senseless, needy, blonde bob who joined forces with Voldemort, but I'm starting to think you have changed. Hermione's eyes sparkled as she looked into Malfoy's.

"I do have my charming ways don't I. I never joined force with Voldemort anyway." Malfoy pointed out.

"Then why did you walk to him in our seventh year?" Hermione questioned.

"My dad called me." Malfoy answered.

"Wow, I would think a full blood could come up with a better excuse than that, but I'm a dirty mud-blood so what am I to say." Hermione tried to hide a smile as she pressed on.

"Who said you are a dirty mud-blood?" Malfoy said disgusted.

"Um, you did..." Hermione soon couldn't take it anymore. She burst out laughing making heads turn throughout the whole restaurant.

"Haha. Am I making that big of fool out of myself?" Malfoy asked blushing. Hermione nodded unable to udder a word from her hestarical laughing.

"Here comes our food." Malfoy said hurriedly to try and change the subject.

"Oh good." Hermione commented. The two them were silent for the meal. As Malfoy finished the last few bites of his meal, he looked up at Hermione.

"How was the food?" he asked.

"Deliciously. Ron would have never taken me here to quite a place." She replied with a faint smile. "I was thinking, are you sure it would be alright if I did stay at your apartment?" Hermione braced herself for what would happen next.

"I would say you could. Why?" Malfoy was smiling because he knew what Hermione was catching on to.

"I'm just really tired of staying in the Leaky Cauldron all the time, and I can't afford to live my apartment anymore." Hermione tried to hide the desperateness in her eyes, but she knew there was no hiding from Draco Malfoy.

"So you want to stay at my apartment until you get back on you feet. I guess, but just this time." he smirked and payed for the meal.

"You know, surprisingly, I had a good time with you. I'll see you tonight" Hermione blushed.

"Whatever you say Granger." Malfoy waved and both let out a deep sigh of relief as the went back to their jobs.