Malfoy's Mind

After a night of tears, Hermione woke up. Ginny had secretly left to go home to Harry and Hermione didn't care. She wasn't in the mood to get hit with a million questions from Ginny.

As Hermione traveled down stairs for breakfast, Malfoy had come up beside her.

"Malfoy! What the heck do you want?" Hermione screeched.

"I couldn't help but over hear you sobbing in you bed last night. Was it because I'm so awesome and you can't be like me?" Malfoy boasted.

"No, it was because none of you business!" Hermione snapped.

"Don't worry. I heard the conversation." Malfoy smirked. "I may not be your favorite person in the world, but if I didn't know better, I bet you want a new boyfriend."

"I don't know how but yes. I actually agree with you. I may be over reacting but I don't want to be with him anymore. He has stepped over the line." Hermione stared at the floor and Malfoy whispered into Hermione's ear.

"I can make you look irresistible."

Hermione jerked up looking offended. "Why don't I look irresistible now?"

"Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Malfoy was signaling to Hermione's clothes. They were wrinkled and discolored and her hair was tangled.

Hermione rolled her eyes and grabbed a blueberry muffin. "So how exactly are you going to make me look 'irresistible?'"

"Well, I would just go ahead meet up with some stylist and they'll get you an amazing wardrobe and do something with that animal on you head." Malfoy sneered.

Hermione was starting to think that being away from Ron was driving her mad because she was considering it! Of coarse she remembered on how she was in desperate times then it made since. "How much?" Hermione questioned.

"Oh, it wouldn't cost a bronze knut! It all on me." Malfoy replied.

"It doesn't seem like you to be so generous." Hermione looked over him suspiciously and took a bite of her muffin.

"Things have changed Granger. It's been different ever since 5th year. What do you say?" Malfoy smiled.

"I don't know. What if Ron becomes a better person?" Hermione sighed.

"The real question here is do you think he'll change?" Malfoy pointed at Hermione and picked up some pumpkin juice.

"Not really, no. But what if I said something?" Hermione's vision had gone blurry from the tears that were trying to push their way out.

"Fine, don't improve yourself." Malfoy turned around, but before he could walk away, Hermione had grabbed his shoulder and couldn't go anywhere with Hermione's death grip.

"I will if you answer me one question." Hermione proclaimed with tears spilling from her eyes.

"What would that be?" Malfoy said now annoyed.

"Why would you do this?" Hermione stammered trying not to sound pitiful.

"I told you, because I've changed." Malfoy blushed. He had his own secret to hide that was the truth.

"I might as well do it. It will give me a little time to let things go." Hermione concluded.

"Finally! You actually come to your senses!" Malfoy said relieved. "Meet me here at 9:00 sharp in the morning. I'll pick you up and well do the first order of business." After that, Malfoy finished his pumpkin juice and walked out the door.