The Morning Following

After a relaxing night on the gigantic bed, Hermione came out of her room in time to run into Draco. (She calls him Draco now.)

"How was your first night here?" Draco asked. He had put on jeans and a t-shirt and was now heading to make them coffee.

"Amazing. I haven't slept like that in ages." Hermione yawned.

"I can see." Draco gazed at Hermione's hair that was tangled.

"What? What was up with you last night? you called me Hermione." Hermione waited and then heard a small laugh.

"And you called me Draco." He pointed out.

"I felt obligated." Hermione insisted

"What do you want for breakfast this Saturday morning, Granger?" Draco asked, once again attempting to change the subject. "I make some good cinnamon toast."

"I'll try it. Need any help? The least I could do is help while I stay here." Hermione offered as they entered the kitchen.

"I don't need help in the kitchen, but could you please go get a load of laundry out of the dryer. That would be great." Draco said. "And do something about the hair. I think your scaring the owl outside trying to deliver the letter for me."

Hermione turned to see a barn owl sitting motionless on the windowsill. "Oh goodness." She laughed. "I'll be right back." Hermione went in attempt to find the laundry room. When she did, she piled all the clothes on Draco's bed to be folded. Then speed walked to her room to calm her hair down enough for breakfast.

"Hermione! Breakfast is ready!" Draco screeched.

"Sorry. I took a quick shower. I just got done getting ready." Hermione stepped into the kitchen but Draco thought she belonged on a run way.

Hermione had curled the ends of her hair and had her make-up done perfectly. She had a knee length, white dress on with a diamond clutch. Silver heels completed the outfit.

"Um..." Draco's eyebrows raised as he stared at the radiant girl in front of him.

"I thought I would get an early start to the day." Hermione smiled. "Uh, Draco. You're burning the toast." Draco whipped around to see black smoke coming from the stove.

"Damn it! I didn't take the bread off. I'm sorry!" Draco took a rag and started fanning the stove.

"That's okay. I got my paycheck this week, breakfast is on me." Hermione smiled and tried to hide a laugh.

"Okay." Draco said with a sad look on his face. "But I don't want all that dirty money spent on stuff for me. I'm to good for it!" Draco stomped out of the room huffing all the way down the hall.

'What's with him? He all of a sudden got mad. Must have been excited about making cinnamon toast.' Hermione smiled at the thought. 'I hope he feels the same for me as I feel for him.'