Lighten Up!

It's been a few days since the incident. Asra and the others have been doing their part to assist with the current red plague situation. Lucio never once wanted them back in his room after Nadia's earful yelling. Y/n has been providing help for Julian in his office. Sending letters, retrieving letters, documents, bringing in snacks and of course making Julian lighten up. Y/n waltz in his office bringing in samples requested by Julian. 

 "Here Jules. I che—"

 Julian snatches the samples from Y/n's arms and stares at it. 

 "Hmm. Fascinating." 

 Julian quickly scribbles on a parchment and waves to Y/n to leave. 

 "Asra was right." Y/n said sighing.

 They turn to their heels to leave until a voice spoke making them stop.

 "What are you saying?" Julian's sad voice rang in the tiny space.

 They hear boots tap and feel a prescence hulking behind them. 

Y/n turns around to see an upset Julian. They stare at his eyes. 

 "Asra's right. You're a mess." Y/n said.

 Julian's eyes widen and then looks away. 

 "You wallow in this office as screams of many people go on. You scribble and scribble and still get no answers. You pretend to find cures until you result to leeches. You exhaust yourself." Y/n pointed out. 

 Julian huffs and crosses his arms still not making eye contact. 

 "It's not easy." Julian blurts. 

 "No it's not and it never will be easy. Especially when you deprive yourself the right to sleep once in a while or atleast have a break with us." Y/n said pleadingly. 

 Julian finally looks at Y/n with a sad look. 

 "Please Julian..." Julian looks down on his feet giving up and then nods. 

 "There's no point in making you leave until I do so, yes?" Julian asks staring at Y/n with an exhausted look.

 Y/n gives him a small smile. 

 "No point in trying. Come on!" Y/n said while dragging Julian. 

 They made their way to the up the stairs, leaving their aprons and gloves and went to the lift and into the garden they walked. Soon, they ended up finding Asra, Muriel and Nadia sitting at the center of the maze. Asra lifts his head up and smiles at their direction. 

 "Hello, you two. Care to join us??" Asra said with a bright smile. 

 Julian's face turned a bit pink as Nadia giggles.

 "Surely the doctor would not stay away from such delectables infront of him? I heard from a sly fox, that you enjoy salty bitters. Come and join us." Nadia beckons us to join the little picnic they had prepared.

 "O-Ofcourse countess. I wouldn't dream of taking down an offer." Julian said as he sat beside her.

 Y/n sits across them and in between Asra and Muriel. Muriel tenses a little and Y/n noticed. They gave Muriel a reassuring smile and nod as they scoot closer to Asra. Muriel sees this and gives a small smile and quickly hides it before anyone notices. 

 "So? How has it been with your lovely apprentice?" Nadia starts the conversation. 

 Nadia and Julian quickly start off a conversation. Y/n reaches out for a small tart in the middle of the picnic mat but Muriel reaches out and hands the plate towards them. Asra watches this and notices a faint blush on Muriel's cheeks. He smiles.