A Night To Remember

~Lucio's POV~

"Who does Noddy think she is? How did I give in to her so easily? URGH!"

"Sire, I believe Countess Nadia won't be joining you tonight." A servant says.

Without hesitation, I rise from my chair and throw the plate of food at the ground. I hear the breaking of a plate and look straight at the servant.

"Tell the chefs to do better with their seasoning." I said walking out.

I make my way towards my room and open the doors to see my dogs asleep in their luxurious beds. I pet them and give them scritches before I walk towards the balcony. My frustration boiling like lava is making me crazy. She didn't show up.

"Urgh! How much will do to make Nadia stop nagging at me!? How much will do to make Jules get in line?!" 

I slam my fists on the balcony railing. The air was cold and teasing me of loneliness. I sigh and can't help but notice a tear fell. I wipe my tears away. 

"How cruel..." I wipe the last tear away.

Ahead from me is the open garden, lit with laterns. It makes the garden so beautiful...

"Everything's beautiful but why this?"

"Why what?"

A voice startled me. I turned around and saw Nadia standing there with her night robe on. I blush at the sight and then look away.

"Nothing Noddy." I said slowly looking at her.

She sighs and then nods. She walks towards me and joins me on the balcony. The cold night air blows her hair, making her irresistible. I smile and look at Vesuvia.

"You know? I didn't mean to slap you that hard. You just never listen." She said staring at something ahead.

I look at her and smile awkwardly. I raise my chest, trying to display my confidence.

"It didn't even hurt. I can take any pain you throw at me, Noddy." I said smirking and winking at her.

She turns to me with her face flushed and then chuckles.

"Enough with the bravado, Lucio. It was already clear enough with the slap mark." Nadia said caressing my cheeks.

I huff and lean into her touch.

"It might've hurt... only a little." 

She was warm and adorable. Maybe this was the reason why I gave into her. She was in control and still managed to be so irresistible. I sighed and took her hand away from my cheek and kissed her hand.

"Must've hurt when you slapped me." I said winking at her.

She quickly retracts her hand and rolls her eyes.

"Not even a little." She said while crossing her arms and smirking.

"Oh come on Noddy! Look at me. The real definition of hard, cold and tasty snack. My face can handle anything." I said pouting.

She laughs and kisses my cheek.

"Look Lucio. Maybe Julian's right." She started.

I quickly felt anger rising in me. I decided to look away and tune her out.

"Maybe... we need to listen to them. Many lives are dying and we just burn them. Maybe take opinions from our people." She said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I groan in annoyance and placed my hand under my chin and my elbow on the balcony's railing with annoyance.

"Why should we? We are the ones on top. What we are doing IS for the people. Do they not want to not get infected?" I said gritting my teeth.