The Beginning

THUD!

"Y/N!"

My body fell flat on the ground, feeling the pain on my back rage in my body. I hissed in pain as I slowly stood up. My mask fell down, revealing my face even more.

I felt arms start to support me up as I winced in pain, holding my elbow.

"Are you okay?" Asra asked, inspecting me.

"Does your elbow hurt? " Julian asked inspecting me.

I never answered their questions but only glared at Lucio. He was fidgeting and looked worried before putting on his bravado. He shakes his head and then nods at me.

"Err. I'm sorry I dropped you. Someone pinched me! "

He places the back of his hand on his forehead all while doing a dramatic pose.

Asra was about to charge at him but Nadia stood in between.

" If you would ruin our occasion by fighting each other, I suggest going to the Coliseum." Nadia spat.

They began bickering in the middle of the room. I decided to excuse myself from them, disappering within the crowd.

~Lucio's POV~

"I didn't drop them on purpose! It was just an oopsie!" I argued.

How many times do I even need to repeat myself? I didn't drop them. It was merely a loosening of hold since they uhh..

"Oopsie my a--"

"Stop it Asra." Nadia said while glaring daggers at us.

I stiffened under her gaze and looked down. I hear Nadia sighing heavily.

"Now, if you will."

I see her palms in front of me. I look up and see her gesturing to take her hand and I do so. She nods and then smiles at the crowd.

"Enjoy the masquerade everyone! Make sure you won't be dropped by your dance partners!" Nadia said giving me the side eye.

~3rd Person POV~

The masquerade began again. People rejoice over the wonderful and romantic dance the Count and Countess displayed.

Asra and Julian are talking about the recent events and Muriel just stands in the shadows watching over his friends, specifically Asra.

Y/n, on the other hand, looms over the ballroom on the second floor, watching over everyone that comes in contact with Lucio. They believe their theory is true.

"That Lucio is the root of the plague and he must be stopped"

"What are you doing? "

A voice startled them, hitting their elbow on the railing causing them to wince in pain.

"AHH!"

Y/n held their elbow tightly, slowly looking. Their gaze softened as they saw green eyes, staring at them. They averted their gaze from him and immediately walked towards him, trying to avoid talking to him and approaching the stairs. He stretched out his hand to stop them from walking any further. I place my gaze on the stairs as he faces the other way.