o n e

"What have you done, Seth? Why did you forsake thy wife? And come to proclaim yourself my king?"

Tears poured from her [color] eyes, confusion evident in her face. She couldn't fathom how a free, wandering spirit like Seth could ever do such a thing. How could someone like him mercilessly butcher his own brother, abandon his own wife, and imprison his own sister in a labyrinth?

Seth scoffed. A benevolent and demure woman like [Name] would never even imagine the horrors Osiris had done to him. And the betrayal of Nephthys. For she, a god that was not born from any parents, had only ever received kindness and affection from them.

"You do not know...just how confused and betrayed I am."

"What?"

"I am just as confused as you. Suddenly, my mind has been opened to the truth, and I couldn't believe it. I find it so hard to believe that I started to question the 'reality' I was living in..."

"Then...what is the 'truth' you speak about? Tell me, Seth..."

[Name] sought for anything, any indication of Seth's current sentiments. He hunched over, wrapping his arms around her, and the goddess could smell the faint scent of Osiris lingering around Egypt's war god. Awhile ago too, when he stood before her, she could feel Osiris's divine aura wrapped around him.

"I cannot tell you...or anyone. At all. Because it will destroy all the remaining pride I have as a god."

No matter how much the goddess tried to ask any further, it was all futile since Seth refused to answer anything else, and left her chambers giving more questions than answers.

--centuries later--

"Honorable queen, the ruler of Egypt had prepared a festival for the mortals abandoned by the Ennead."

The slave said, lowering her head in courtesy of the goddess's status as Egypt's queen. [Name] hummed in acknowledgement as the rest of her servants applied cosmetics on her face.

"I see. Pass along my duties to Rana."

Another slave stepped out, receiving the scroll filled with [Name]'s schedule and duties for the day of the festival. Rana humbly knelt, presenting the scroll to her master. While the goddess was helped with her wig, she skimmed over the whole schedule, spotting a free time before the competitions start.

"How is Nephthys?"

"The goddess of harmony and peace still keeps minimum activity towards anyone and only ever speaks to lord Anubis."

"Any news from Isis?"

"There is still no mentions of the honorable Isis from our own forces. It seems like the goddess may not even be here in Egypt at all."

"That's nonsense. Isis would never leave Egypt."

Throughout the centuries of Seth's reign, [Name] had been operating her own mercantile, trading goods for valuable information. But no matter how hard she tries and how far she looks, not even a strand of Isis's hair can be found.

"You are all dismissed."

After all the slaves left, [Name] stood up from the chaise and stared at her own reflection on the mirror. Feeling a divine presence behind her, she turned around to see Hathor, a beautiful smile on her face.

"[Name], you look so pretty as always!"

"Not as pretty as you, Lady Hathor. What brings you here?"

"I heard that the mean Seth is hosting another festival so I'm simply visiting you before you become too busy again."

"Is that so? Is there anything you would like to do?"

"Oh! Maybe we could....spend time together? In my temple maybe?"

"Why not?"