t e n

"How worrisome."

Nut muttered to herself. It's been a few minutes after the two opponents had submerged into the water so the gods were feeling a bit anxious. Isis noticed her mother's unease which made her a bit confused. Her mother must be overthinking again.

"Shu, god of air, is protecting him, so breathing shouldn't be a problem..."

"They were only told to hold their breath the longest to win, there were no other rules."

Just as Nut said that, a huge splash came, worrying Isis. Hathor was a bit startled and [Name] was trying to guess what was happening underwater. She was very sure herself that Seth would find a loophole and try to attack Horus, much like what's currently occurring.

"B-But mother, Horus can use your powers! However strong Seth may be, it won't be easy for him to win under the sky..."

"Isis...there is no sky underwater."

At the revelation of her son's current vulnerability to Seth, Isis collapsed on the ground. Bastet, who was nearby, quickly helped her to her seat and went back to the flood plain to see what was happening.

A few minutes in and [Name] felt a premonition. A premonition that somehow, the river has changed. Although it still looked quite the same, she had a suspicion that Isis had somehow interfered out of worry for her son.

Just then, the ground rumbled and on the other side of the river, a huge wave of sand began to move and go into the water. The river started overflowing and [Name] instantly made a huge barrier to protect herself and her fellow gods as a huge wave of water came up over then.

--later--

After a short break, the gods and the opponents were called in to the temple where Maat would announce the winner. They settled themselves comfortably as both Seth and Horus were presented before them.

"The winner of the first round has been decided. The winner of the first match is...Seth, god of war and the desert!"

Seth smirked, looking down on his unconscious and drenched nephew who was sprawled on the ground, his wings weakly fluttering before they too had stopped. The gods looked at him with eyes full of pity. Except Ra who only smirked to herself.

"Don't you see, Ennead?! No matter how much all of you combine your powers, it's still no use against me!"

Isis glared at him, clenching her fists in anger. Seth may have won the battle now but he would surely lose in the war. With that, the first match has ended in Seth's favor. Although Horus had gained one loss, Isis was more than sure he would gain the other two wins. And if not...she would take matter into her own hands.

'Go ahead...you can laugh all you want for now, Seth.'

--evening--

"Oh dear, what happened? Why is your hand all charred?"

"I just bumped into...a prancing hag."

"You should be careful of the names you call Hathor, after all she is Ra's beloved daughter."

Seth scoffed as he sat down on a chaise while his wife proceeded to heal him up. [Name] focused on his arm while thinking of ways to start another conversation. She really needed to ask Seth about the kiss with Osiris.

"About yesterday...I feel really bad for leaving you behind. I just want to ask if anything special happened...?"