f o u r

"Anubis."

The two demigods faced each other once again with Horus holding onto his sword while Anubis pointed at him with his spear. As the two clashed, the falcon used his astuteness and the jackal bared his claws as his opponent disarmed him.

[Name] could barely see anything from the cage Seth had trapped her in, but she was able to hear. And the words that spilled from her husband mouth left her feeling bitter. To ask your own sister who she shared her body with, and to tell her just how much you longed for her in the presence of your own wife.

The goddess knew better than to expect any genuine affection from him but she didn't expect him to be this shameless. But what can she do, Seth didn't even properly announce their marriage. He had simply dragged her to his abode and called her his new spouse.

"Who else? Don't you know very well that there's only one man in this world I would ever give my body too?"

"What kind of nonsense are you spouting, Isis?"

"It seems you don't know yet, but when you butchered Osiris's body into nine pieces, you were so kind...as to throw him into the Nile River, where the spirit of Osiris overflows. You're as foolish as ever, little brother."

Before [Name] could apprehend what she had just heard, the loud and painful screams of her dear sister filled her ears. It was to the point that she could hear Isis foaming while Seth continued to nonchalantly speak to her.

'What in the name of Ra is he doing?!'

Just before Seth's hand could wrap around Isis's neck, an invisible barrier rose like a wall, parting the two away. Isis knew very well who's doing it was. It was [Name], who is also a deity of protection in Egypt. Seth turned his head towards the cage.

"Don't you dare do anything to her!"

Isis seethed as she finally fell down on the ground, landing on a small pile of sand. The war god clicked his tongue in annoyance before a sharp blade passed through his chest. Anubis lowered his head, his fists clenched, as he stood in utter disdain. The feeling of his father's eyes burning through his back somehow made him disappointed in himself.

"Ouch. Why, you, naughty boy, you..."

Horus sliced through his uncle's chest, sand spurting out from his wound. The mother and son watched as Seth dissolved into sand along with the cage trapping his wife. [Name] teared up, immediately rushing to her dear friend, embracing her.

"Isis...you're here. You're really here."

Before the god of magic could wrap her arms around her friend, the ground rumbled and a large hand made entirely out of sand came for Horus. The demigod dodged and a part of the platform collapsed. Once the dust settled, Seth appeared, in a large form made out of sand.

"I told you. You can't kill me with a sword like that."