f o u r t e e n

"Don't do it, please."

"So you've heard."

[Name] gently held onto her husband's arm. Sekhmet had left awhile ago so she had revealed her presence. Seth scoffed before puling his arm away and stared at her sternly.

"It seems you still haven't learned your lesson. Speaking up will do you no good so just step back and shut your mouth."

"How dare you! I am your wife, your equal! Why do you lower me as such when I am of equivalent power such as you?!"

"How laughable, we both know who's the stronger god between us."

The goddess clenched her fists in rage. Sure, she's been mild for most of the time, but she had reached her limits. Seth had no right to speak or treat her that way. The moment he proclaimed her his spouse was the moment he proclaimed her as his equal, his match.

"A god like you would only trample on the weak to call yourself strong."

"What? Are you saying that I cannot defeat the strong? Hah! How bold of you to say that to the supreme god!"

"Well, isn't it like that? I'm quite sure you've used underhanded tricks to defeat Osiris as you cannot match him in power."

Seth glared at her but [Name] stood her ground. She wasn't going to let him intimidate her. He sighed before harshly yanking her hair, earning a yelp from the goddess as he brought her face close to his.

"Are you saying I'm weak? Look at you acting all strong, I guess I've tolerated you way too much that you now dare to go against me."

"In the first place, I had no obligation to follow you whatsoever. I only chose to follow you because you had intimidated me back then. But not now. Seth, your evil reign would soon come to an end."

"My reign? Evil? Are you saying I'm evil? Look who's talking, the woman who killed her own son."

A loud slap resounded against the area. Seth frowned, placing a hand on the cheek [Name] slapped. It was quite rare of her to lose her mild composure but then again, he did mention her son. [Name] scoffed.

"You knew why I had to do it. Why are you using it against me?"

She muttered. Seth stayed silent, making her more furious but she chose to turn around and left him alone. Unbeknownst to her, Seth couldn't reply because he had strangely seen himself in her. He just realized how similar they were.

'Right...it's also the same for me.'

--later--

[Name] flopped on the bed, drunk. After she left her husband, she had immediately headed to her chamber and drank liquor to rid herself of her grief and frustration. Rana and all the other slaves were dismissed before then and it was just the bottles of alcohol and her tears accompanying her that night.

"Aker, my son..."

Aker was her child with a mortal she had fallen in love with eons ago. Sadly, the mortal died when Aker was just a toddler and overcome with sorrow, [Name] had cursed her son to stunt his growth, similar to Anubis.

The curse, however, couldn't protect her son from the disease he would get, causing him great pain. Everyday, the boy would cry and cry until he fell asleep and when he woke up, he would cry once more in pain.

No one could treat him. Not even the gods for the disease was also with a curse. All [Name] could do was wait for her child to die. But Aker, unable to endure any longer, has desperately begged his mother to kill him off instead.

[Name] complied. Because she couldn't bear to see her son in pain any longer. That day, she held him in her arms and mourned for him for an entire decade. And her siblings could only watch as the other gods slowly grew wary of her and her cold act of killing her own blood.