e i g h t

"Enough playing games. Now...it's my turn to judge all of you. I sentence you all to death."

Seth summoned a giant version of him made of sand and declared death to all present in the trial. [Name] wasn't sure whether she was excluded , probably not since Seth would ignore her half of the time they were together.

"Uncle, do you think that the strongest god should be the king of Egypt? Then will you acknowledge me if I prove that I'm stronger than you?"

Seth laughed out loud. Surely, this young boy was not right in his head? He may not be a mortal but he's simply a child. Someone with zero experience in combat compared to him. The war god of Egypt and its rightful ruler.

"You sure know how to amuse me. Are you saying you want to fight me for the throne?"

"Stop! How dare you interrupt the sacred trial! Do you seriously plan on going against the laws of the gods?!"

Maat yelled but was quickly stopped by Osiris, who had reminded Seth's great strength compared to hers. She stood in silence for a few moments while the war god pinned Horus beneath his hand. As he punched him, however, he found himself on top of a plate. On Maat's scale.

"Seth and Horus."

--after trial--

[Name] sighed. She had left earlier than Seth so she felt a bit bad leaving him. Turning, she concluded to go after him, in hopes of distracting him from Anubis after all, the poor boy should really have a much needed rest.

"Just as I though...nothing beats meeting you face-to-face. Seth."

She quickly stepped back and hid behind a wall, her hand on her mouth. What had she just witnessed? Osiris kissing Seth? Her brother kissing her spouse? And much more, it didn't seem at all consensual. Not with the thorns wrapped around Seth's legs, making him unable to move.

'I...must go...'

The goddess quickly fled away, her heart beating furiously. She was utterly confused. Was Osiris having an affair behind Isis? Did she simply misunderstand? She wished she simply did. Because how could she face him? The benevolent and kind man who took her in his family and became her brother.

"Anubis!"

Isis's scream was heard and [Name] was more than alert when she heard the young boy's name. Quickly, the doors flew open and she saw Isis, her mouth agape while Anubis laid on the ground, unconscious.

"Isis?! Why is he here?! He's supposed to be resting in a room on a proper bed!"

--later--

"I see. So Osiris didn't have a body and so used Anubis instead."

[Name] cradled the boy in his arms and set him on a nearby chaise. She caressed his cheek. Osiris should've used another body, Anubis has been overworking himself until now. Isis glanced at her.

Time didn't really do anything to [Name]. She still looked more or less the same. But she seemed to have grown more wiser and mature unlike the younger her who was always talkative and would cling a lot, especially to Isis.

'Should I tell Isis what I saw...?'