t h i r t e e n

"Seth! What do you think you're doing right now?! The match has already ended! The actions you have committed are in violation of-"

"Shut up! You imbeciles! If you have eyes, take a good hard look! Tell me whether that guy's boat looks like stone or wood to you!"

The gods spoke amongst themselves as Seth continued to explain the events that occurred during the competition, mocking Horus which infuriated Isis. She stood up, only to be stopped by Ra. Maat sighed. A commotion was happening and she needed to stop it. She turned to Horus.

"Horus, is it true that you did not use a stone boat in the stone boat race?"

"Well..."

"...I shall confirm for myself."

Seth smirked, forming a khopesh out of sand and sliced through the boat like butter. The crowd held their breath in both dread and anticipation only to find pure stone. The gods murmured in confusion, pointing the obvious. Horus did not cheat and played fair in the competition. Meanwhile, Seth was ready to kill that falcon-headed bastard if not for Ra who had used sly words to provoke the war god into maintaining dignity as the supreme god.

[Name] rubbed the bridge of her nose before noticing Anubis who was standing by the entrance to the temple, hidden in the shadows. She followed his gaze to see Horus glancing at him. Looking at the two, she kept it in her mind to ask Anubis what was going on between them although she already had an inkling of what it was.

--later--

"Maybe this guy can put an end to all of this. Nephthys, Anubis, and [Name] will finally be able to break free from me. Isn't that what you thought?"

Sekhmet's voice rang in [Name]'s ears. She softly gasped and hid behind a large pillar, her mouth on her hand. She was going to look for Seth and had stayed in the second level behind the pillars and railings to wait for Seth's anger to subside before she attempted to talk to him again.

But she didn't expect this. She didn't expect Sekhmet nor did she expect the words the spewed out of the woman's vile mouth. A small part of her was relieved. If what Sekhmet said was true, that meant Seth was still redeemable. But his words disappointed her greatly.

"What kind of delusional nonsense are you talking about? Geez, you've got quite the imagination."

"...Seth. I am destruction itself, therefore I can feel emotions better than anyone. Despair, anger, agony, loneliness. These are all things that give me life. So I know how you feel every time you look up at Nut's rain. I know how you felt after beating your own son. All your emotions that nobody else knew about for years, your past...I know it all."

'Is that what he felt...? What Seth felt all these years...?'

"That's why I've come to see you once more. I see this as an opportunity. An opportunity to take your revenge on Osiris!"

"Revenge?"

"That's right! Look at what Osiris has left you with. That boy's your opportunity to unleash all of your fury! I'm talking about the thing you couldn't bring yourself to do to Isis and your new wife, [Name]! Hold on. You already know Seth. You know what would humiliate him the most. That stoic boy...would never be able to handle it."

Although [Name] was confused on the revenge part and what Osiris had left him with, she was sure of what Sekhmet was implying. The deed that she and Seth hadn't done, the deed Seth had forced Isis with. She knew what it was, add to that the stoic boy which was obviously Horus. Sekhmet was implying that Seth should sleep with his nephew to humiliate the poor boy.