s e v e n

"Ennead and children of Ra. I stand before you all to testify the events that have taken place. Will you grant me the time to do so?"

"Osiris."

"Judge Maat."

"There is no one as important as you in this trial. We've all been waiting for your return. There's no reason for us to not grant you the time. In fact, we want you to stand testify. Welcome back, Osiris."

Maat presented her scale, placing her quill on one plate and then turned to the resurrected god.

"Osiris. Do you swear that there is nothing but the truth in all that you are about to disclose here?"

"I do, I swear on my heart."

Osiris's beating heart appeared on the other plate of the scale and it creaked before it balanced. [Name] somehow felt relieved but at the same time not. The heart proved that Osiris was alive but somehow, the ominous feeling came to her stronger. As if he was ominous.

As Osiris explained the events post his resurrection, and proving Horus's legitimacy as his son, Ra immediately came to question the details of the fateful night when Seth had butchered him up. Osiris spoke in short, concise sentences, giving everyone all that he knew.

But [Name] wasn't content with that. And so did Ra. After all, Osiris was the immortal god of life. The supreme ruler of Egypt and its gods. How can such a strong and powerful deity be defeated with just a khopesh and overnight?

Isis immediately turned to Maat, telling that her spouse was merely an innocent victim of the incident and that questioning him further would only bring distress to him. Maat agreed and turned to her mother, stating the purpose of the trial.

'It's queer, isn't it? Somehow, I come to doubt the brother who took me in as his own kin. But I can't help it...'

"The witness may stop down now. And for Seth...you stole the throne from Osiris using cowardly methods. Thus, your crimes have been confirmed. You shall be stripped of your right to rule and you must receive a punishment equivalent to the distress Isis has endured."

Seth scoffed. Time and time again, those gods who have not an inkling of what's really going on continue to go after him.

"Cowardly you say...Osiris took the throne from the sun god by force. If you think about it, the most legitimate king is the sun god, is it not?"

Ra brightened and smirked, curious as to what Seth's playing at. Isis fumed.

"Don't compare your heinous crimes to the honorable name of Osiris! Osiris gained respect through his wisdom and power, not like you, who rose to authority by betraying his own family like a coward!"

"You're right! You've got a point! Isis! That's right! The greatest gods...are those with power and intellect! And the most powerful god here..is me! Is there any god here that could win against me one-on-one?"

"..."

"How do you plan on punishing me, nephew? ...That's right. The only way you guys can stand up against me is by having these stupid trials. The strongest one gets to be king. Just like Osiris, I too am the same. My strength...is what gives me the right to rule!"

A huge wave of sound exploded from Seth's hand, causing the whole temple to rumble. Ra sighed from her seat, a smile still hanging on her face. As a cloud of dust formed, limiting everyone's view, she opened up her sly mouth.

"Truly, someone here has to rein in their husband. He's going crazy like a madman!"

"..."