s i x

"Now that everyone's here the court of Ennead is in session!"

Maat announced as she slammed her hand against a desk. [Name] anxiously played with her fingers as Horus introduced himself and presented his claims to the whole jury of gods. Something ominous will happen, she just knew it.

"I, Horus speak on behalf of the heavens. I am the son of Osiris, god of life and the previous king of Egypt. I am the legitimate heir to the throne of Egypt. I stand here..."

From that point on, Horus's words drowned out in [Name]'s ears. All she could hear was the first and second sentence playing on loop in her head. She tightly clutched the armrest of her throne.

'Brother Osiris had a child? Since when...? Why didn't he tell us?'

A sudden loud explosion pulled her away from her thoughts and a huge rubble formed underneath Seth's foot. He scoffed and appeared behind his nephew, questioning his birth. Then suddenly turned to the gods.

"Then someone sitting here must be your father, no? He's probably also the one that hid you guys away from me, right?"

The war god said intentionally, throwing off all stares towards Thoth who visibly tensed while Ra giggled beside him. Isis trembled and her face twisted in fury. She immediately sprung from her seat when Seth suggested himself as Horus's father.

"Shut your mouth! There's no doubt that Horus is Osiris's son! I filled the Nile river with Osiris's spirit while he was still alive. That is how I was able to resurrect him! If you're so suspicious, call Khnum here and ask him yourself!"

"My, my...you think resurrecting someone is that easy?"

Suddenly, Seth appeared in front of Isis, grabbing a chunk of her wig. [Name] stood up, flabbergasted at her husband's behavior.  She quickly stood between them.

"Stop this, Seth! We must maintain piety before the sacred court of Ennead!"

"Get away. You, Isis, bring me something more convincing before I grow tired of keeping you in my company for any longer."

Seth pushed her away. Unprepared, the goddess tripped on her feet and braced herself for the impact but was caught quickly by another deity. Everyone had their eyes wide open as he spoke up.

"Then allow me to keep you company, Seth. Mind you, pushing your wife away is quite uncivil."

--

Isis immediately latched onto her husband as [Name] pulled herself away from the god of life. She smiled at him just like she used to a few centuries ago. The gods started to crowd near them, unable to believe their eyes. However, among the rejoice of the gods of Egypt, Seth trembled slightly in fear and disbelief and immediately prepared to attack Osiris with his free hand.

"We're in the middle of your trial right now, Seth. You should uphold your dignity as the supreme ruler of the gods until the trial is over. [Name], help your husband compose himself, will you?"

Ra smiled at the goddess who only grew flustered in her presence. [Name] nodded immediately before she helped Seth up as the sun god turned to Osiris.

"It's been awhile, Osiris. I thought you were dead... I could not be happier to see you alive and well. Where have you been all this time? A lot has happened in Egypt since you've gone."