f i v e

[Name] watched as Horus dodged all of her husband's attacks. Somehow, she could see him inheriting Isis's grace and elegance. However, when Seth was close to getting him, the demigod had manipulated the wind to cut through the large hand, surprising both his aunt and uncle.

"So it was you all along, god of the sky, Nut. It's been awhile, mother. Father. Are you two finally taking a stand? I was wondering when you guys would show up, though you're much later than I was expecting."

The goddess found herself reaching out for Nut but quickly brought her arm down. Horus neared them and supported his mother up as Isis wobbled, recovering from the wounds Seth had inflicted.

"Enough with the greetings for now. We didn't come here looking to kill you. We're here to reclaim our lost sovereignty."

"Is that so...seems like you've made things quite interesting, Anubis."

[Name]'s eyes flew towards the army marching towards them being led by Maat, who held a scroll in her hands, and her husband Thoth, who patted Anubis gently. She closed her eyes and her body scattered into fine gold particles which slowly formed beside the god of knowledge and wisdom. Maat spoke out in a loud voice:

"Hear thee, Seth, god of war and the desert! You've seized the throne by murdering your own brother, therefore the power you have wielded over the past centuries is unjust! Thus forth, stability within the Ennead has collapsed and the natural order of death has been disturbed. This is a record of all the evildoings you have committed thus far! God of war and the desert, Seth. I hereby declare you to stand trial before the court of the Ennead!"

Seth laughed out loud while his spouse helplessly glanced at the long scroll before Maat. Most of them she had witnessed with her own eyes but she preferred not to do anything mainly because she was afraid of what Seth would do to her once she upsets him. She was a coward, a recreant. A fool unable to do anything because of fear.

---name's chamber--

"Will I ever be forgiven for the sins of my father?"

"Why do you need to be forgiven of his sins when it is his not yours?"

Anubis glanced at [Name] who was currently treating his ear. Gold particles hovered at the area cut off from his ear and formed to re-create the same replica of his ear.

"There, all new. Now you must stay away from Seth's sight until he cools off. He is most definitely upset and will slaughter just about anyone who crosses his path today."

[Name] was right. Dozens of slaves died under Seth's mighty khopesh that day. And they were all retrieved and buried by the goddess's mercantile along with their other fellow slaves who died serving her and Seth.

'May your souls rest in peace.'