Chapter 7 - The trickster

Svalinn POV -

"Svalinn. Return to the guild for your safety" Momonga messaged me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Asmoday and Shalltear have rebelled against us" he said.

.

.

.

HUH!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*KING CRIMSON!*

Svalinn POV -

Me and Cocytus returned as fast a we could as Momonga explained what we had to do in order to save Shalltear.

"But what about Asmoday-sama?" Demiurge asked.

"Hmm... True resurrection should be able to save them" Momonga said.

"No!" almost all the NPCs shouted at once.

"What!?" Momonga shouted.

"I- We apologies, Momonga-sama. It's just that we can't let Asmoday-sama die" Demiurge said while bowing.

Huh?

Ah! That's why!

"Hey, Momonga" I whispered.

"What?" he asked.

"Remember how everyone changed their NPCs a bit after Asmoday's death? That's probably why they're against it" I said.

"Demiurge. I understand that you don't want Asmoday to die. None of us do. But it must be done" Momonga said.

He tried to protest, but Albedo stopped him.

"Listen to the Supreme beings, Demiurge. Asmoday-sama will be fine" Albedo said.

Momonga agreed, and after some discussion it was decided that I would help him fight.

"Sometimes I wonder how Asmoday manages to make you agree with everything they want" Momonga said as he gave me Mercury's ring.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Hmm? You didn't notice? You're a lot more open around Asmoday. I thought it was because we met them after so long" he said.

Wait.... yeah!

I've been way too open with Asmoday! 

"Svalinn? You alright?" Momonga asked.

"Yeah... There's a lot of things I want to ask Asmoday" I said as we left for the battle.

When we reached the location, Shalltear was just standing still.

Seeing her return to something so similar to her old NPC like state was too painful for me.

As Momonga readied his spell, I equipped thorns of retribution.

"Alright. Let's do this {Fallen Down}" he said.

I ended up getting caught in the blast radius.

"Momonga! You ended up hitting me" I cheerfully scolded him.

"Sorry" he said.

The dust settled, and Shalltear was standing there, ready to fight.

"Huh. Still no sigh of Asmoday" I said as I protected Momonga against one of Shalltear's attacks.

"Momonga. I can't shield you like this" I said as Shalltear readied one of those spells that can't be blocked.

"Huh?" he said.