Part 3

Previously

I just knew he'd get a good gift

But if what happened to me, happens to him... At least I still get to share a room with the world's best roommate!

No matter what happens,it will be what's good for him.

I was tired. I hadn't had supper yep, but I wasn't hungry

Mirabel's pov

I woke up and saw Antonio dfast asleep. It's was dark outside, so I assumed it's wayyyy past midnight. Or maybe it was midnight... I didn't really care

I knew why I woke up: I was hungry!

I went to the kitchen... In the dark since it's late and turning the lights on could probably wake someone

I saw something in the kitchen. I thought it was my cousin, Camilo.

"Camilo! Why are you stealing food in the dark?!" I said to him.

"Uhh Camil- oh uhh, YEAH! I'm Camille! Yeah totally!" he said.

'Camille'? That not my cousin! He'd never forget how to sya he's own name! He's too fAnCy for that.

"Your not Camilo, are you?! You sound... A bit... Older... Than him." I said, still a bit sleepy.

Since it was dark, I could bearly see, but I heard him run away. I tried to follow the sound of footsteps.

All the stepping must of woke someone up, because I heard more footsteps.

I saw Dolores. Obviously she was the one I woke up. She hears everything.

Okay. Originally Bruno still lives in the Casita in this au, but I'm changing that gir the storyline. Abuela still got mad at him because she thought it was his fault mirabel was giftless

Still Mirabel's pov

"Oh! M-Mirabel! It's just you. W-what are y-you d-doing up this late?" Dolores said.

She sounded nervous... As if I just ruined a mater plan she had or something.

Does she know someone is stealing from us? Is she helping them?

"Oh uhh" I replied, "I didn't eat last night. So I woke up a few minutes ago, my stomach was KiLlLiNnGg me!" I told her.

She laughed at went to the kitchen. Maybe she was the one in the kitchen. No! Can't be! I heard her footsteps and the strangers at the same time!

"So uhh, do you know who was taking the food?" I asked her.

"S-someones taking o-our food?!" she replied. She didn't sound as shocked as she looked.

She looked not-that-surprised but sounded extremely surprised... And a bit suspicious

"yeah... I tried to see who it might be..." I told her, "but they got away. And I know what your thinking. It was probs Camilio. But it wasn't! Camilio isn't thaaaat tall. Plus, Camilio is almost twice as fast as the thief was."

"Okay well" she said nervously, walking slowly to the kitchen, "I'll see you in the morning" and with that, she walked away.

I started walking to my room. When I got to the stairs, I heard something. Footsteps. Very similar to the ones from the food thief. They started getting louder, as if they were getting closer. I slowly followed the footsteps until I saw someone. I think it was a man. He was wearing green clothes.

I heard lightning from the rainstorm. I looked away for just 3 seconds, and he disappeared, as if he went into the walls or something...

I went to my room. All I could thing about was the guy that broke in.

Who was he?
Why did he break in?
Where did he go?
Why was he stealing our food?
Did he steal something else?
Does Dolores know?
Is that why she was so nervous?
Is it the guy Isa's marrying?

I had alot of questions, and only one answer: That's not my cousin!

I know! This chapter is really short, I'm sorry it's so short but I'm running out of ideas (but I have some for later ;) and I almost completely forgot about this book, so I need to get a chapter out as soon as possible! K bye <3