Part 12

Small warning: some parts are a bit emotional and kinda sad😞

Mirabel pov

"Mirabel. The time is not yet right, I cannot tell you why you did not get a gift. But he can show you!" abuela said, leading me to a painting near my room.

The painting suddenly moved a bit, "Brunito, please come out. For you mother and niece. I know your in there." Abuela said to the painting.

Is Tio Bruno behind it? Is that why it moved? Does he know why I didn't get a gift? Is there even a reason? Am I not special? Is that what he's ganna tell me? All these questions ran through my head.

Abuela cleared her throat and said, "Bruno. Please, please come out of the walls. You've been in there for years!" Wait WHAT?! Tio Bruno has been living, IN THE CASITA WALLS?! So that's why Dolores sneaks food into the walls; so she can give him food! "T-Tio-B-Bru- TIO BRUNO?!" I yelled. I was extremely happy.

Then the painting moved again, but more this time, and Tio Bruno came out. "W-wow... Mirabel? I-it-it's been years! Look at you! Your a... Teenager? Are you a teenager? I kinda forgot how many years it's been and how old everyone is." he finally said. The second he stopped talking, I ran up to him, giving him a great hug.

"Where have you been all these years?! Where you in the walls?!" I asked him fast. He chuckled and said yes. He's been living in the walls for the past few years. I told him he's been in there for 10 years and he seemed surprised. To him, it felt like 15 years. Maybe even 20.

"Brunito, I'm so glad that your still here in the Encanto, and even better, the Casita." Abuela said happily. "Now Bruno,it is time for... The vision." huh? What vision? Is it about me? Is it ganna tell me why I didn't get a gift?

I had to follow them to Bruno old room. Or tower ig. It was kinda hard to get to the vision gmcave, but eventually we got in.

When we got in the cave, Bruno sat on the floor and a a weird green orb thing started surrounding us. Abuela told me to sit down and that we had to hold hands for some reason.

Bruno opened his eyes and they were glowing green. Bruno sat still and let got of abuela and I's hands. Abuela grammed my arm and showed me a vision.

In the vision

No one's pov

Abuela lay and the floor, almost dead. Mirabel was crying, holding her grandmother's hand. "Nononono! Please!" she cried, she does not want to lose Abuela "Mirabel. It is time. Please, take the candle. You must carry on my legacy." Alma said, she was happy for Mirabel, but the pain of almost dying made it hard to express any emotion that wasn't pain.

"B-but, Abuela. I-I can do this without you! Please! Please don't leave me!" Mirabel replied in tears. "I need you. The family needs you! W-without you... Who's ganna help me?" she asked, with tears running down her face. Alma smiled, "Mirabel, you can do this on your own. I know you never got a gift, but the reason is because the candle holder can't have a gift. I mean, take me fo example: I don't have a gift either! The gift, the miracle, the magic, it's not the power your gift has, it's you. It's the Familia. Le Familia Madrigal must continue. None of us will live forever. And soon, I am to be up in the clouds, with my dear Pedro, and you: will carry on my legacy. Promise me this" she said, trying to sit up straight.

When she managed to get up (sit up not stand up) she told Mirabel, "Please, Mirabel. Promise me this: Will you use this power, that I am giving to you, to carry on my legacy? And to help our wonderful family, community, and Encanto?"

"Yes. I will. I will help the family, the community, and the Encanto. I will miss you very much, abuela. We all will." mirabel replied softly.

Okay with present time mirabel and Alma

"I-is that why I didn't get a gift? I'm the next candle holder?" mirabel asked abuela. "Yes, yes it is." abuela replied.

"Umm hey, Mama" Bruno said wanted to tell her something. "I think you should go watch that vision. While you two were watching the other one, I saw this one."

Vision
This one tale place two days after the fist one

Mirabel was in her sister, Isabela, room. She sighed sadly, she missed abuela. "Hey sis, I know it's hard. Dealing with Abuela's death, being the candle holder, and having to take care of Dolores's kids for her half the time." Isa said trying to confort her sister. But all she did was remind Mirabel of Alma's death and the preasure she had.

"Look, sis. I know your trying to help, but your only reminding me of the grief and preasure. Mirabel replied.

This took place 9 years into the future btw. I'll go back to the present in the next chapter

Byee ✨✌️