One: Welcome to Hellfire

"Honestly Dustin why do you even think I'd like this game?" I scowled down at the curly haired boy who had used the family video to corner me into once again insisting that I just must play DND with him.

"You'd like it! You're a nerd." Dustin huffed out as he tossed his backpack to the floor behind the counter, earning a "hey" of disapproval from Steve but no real objection. 

I crossed my arms and cocked a brow at him. "Since when?"

That's when Everest came out with a chuckle from behind a shelf of horror movies. "She's just intimidated by Eddie."

She has said it with a stupid shit-eating grin on her face. My face flushed as I began to open my mouth in protest but Dustin cut me off before I could get a single word out.

"Are you serious?" He was laughing at me but Steve seemed to understand.

"Dude have you heard the stories about Eddie Munson?" Steve leaned over the counter, ready to tell one of the many rumours floating around about the local scary metalhead.

"Oh you know those are bullshit Steve." Eve said from behind him, having moved next to him in the time we were talking.

"He's really nice!" Dustin chimed in. "and you're coming to dnd tonight!"

"I am not!" I didn't know how to get my point across to Dustin but I most definitely was not going to be playing Dungeons and Dragons with Eddie Munson.

By the time I'd come up with plans for my day I was making an Elven cleric named Lunavella with some elaborate backstory that Dustin was spinning. At some point he pulled out dice and had me scribble down some numbers. I'd never played this game before but from all the rambling I'd half listened to (at best) I'd gathered that ultimately I just act in response to whatever prompt that Eddie, the DM or dungeon master threw at us. Dustin was trying to catch me up on the campaign whilst regularly having to stop to explain terminology or what a certain monster was. I recognised some of this when they had named the demogorgon and the mind flayer. Gods these kids were nerds.

So anyways you're probably wondering why Dustin was dragging me through Hawkins High after hours, I certainly was. Dustin, Mike, and Lucas had been promptly ignoring my pleas and protests to know what was going on and that I still didn't want to be locked in a room with Eddie Munson. Then we were in... the drama room? A smile subconsciously found it's way to my face. I looked around the room at the banners of musicals we'd done in years past, I hadn't been in Highschool in two years and I certainly didn't miss it but boy I missed this. I loved being on stage under the hot lights with makeup caked on and song dramatically leaving my lips. My nostalgia of hours spent practicing in here were cut short by Mike pushing me lightly in the direction of a table in the middle of the room.

"You guys play in the drama room?" I said at the same time Dustin apologised for our lateness.

"Who's this?" My breath caught in my throat when I heard his voice from behind me. Where did he even come from? I turned around and his face twisted from curiosity to confusion upon confirming my identity. "What is Allison Grey doing in my DnD room?"

"Last I checked this was actually the Drama room."
I crossed my arms and looked him dead in the eyes. Eddie was only about three inches taller than me but gods his presence was so much larger than mine.

"Last I checked you graduated two years ago." He shot back as if I shouldn't be here.

"You're right." I turned to leave and Dustin grabbed my arm with a bunch of 'no's' as he dragged me to the table.

"Eddie." Dustin looked apprehensively at the boy who was staring me down with a smirk. "Be nice."

"When am I not nice Henderson?" Eddie laughed as he made his way to me again. "Who says you're playing today?"