Two: Mean and Scary

If you had ever told me that I'd be walking around in Hawkins high after hours with Eddie Munson of all people I never would have believed you. Alas, here I was on my way to his car. Getting a ride home from a boy whom I was never quite sure if I was more intimidated by or attracted to. Though to be honest being around Eddie wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be, as everyone made it out to be.

I decided to move next to him and match his pace. I turned my head towards him and well I didn't really mean to but I stared at him a moment before speaking and I was sure he noticed. He turned his head to meet my gaze and there I was staring into his big doe eyes when I hadn't even meant to and my breath was caught once again in my throat.

"Ya know, you're not really mean or scary." I pointed out as if he didn't know that and he laughed. "Well you're kind of scary."

"Am I now?" He had a curious smile on his face.

"Yea but I don't think it's because you're really scary." I stated before offering some more explanation. "I'm just kind of shy."

"You don't really strike me as shy." Eddie quipped and I was surprised, my face probably showed as much.

"What do you mean?" I had to manually think about matching my pace with his, he had caught me off guard, how would he know if I was shy or not?

"I don't think shy people dress like they want to be seen." I blushed because well, he wasn't wrong. I spent a lot of time on my appearance, I knew I was pretty and I wanted everyone else to think so too.

"Well maybe shy isn't exactly the right word but..anxious maybe?" Eddie laughed as I tried to figure out how to describe what I really meant.

"I was just teasing you, I know what you mean." He smiled over at me and I smiled back, gods he really was cute.

I held the smile a moment before I turned my gaze back to the hallway in front of me. Peeling my eyes away from his caused a frown to take its place upon his lips. I didn't really know what to say though and eye contact is hard. He led me through the halls and out into the night air. I let out a sigh and a smile found it's way to my face. My eyes were already on the sky, it was so clear tonight, I stared up for a moment spinning is a slow circle to search for any familiar stars. When I looked back at Eddie his gaze was already on me and I once again felt a blush creep it's way onto my cheeks.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I fidgeted with my fingertips.

"Nothing to apologise for sweetheart." He had a cute smile on his face once again as my eyes flew to meet his.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" I held my gaze with his this time.

"You haven't asked me to stop." He said with a smile and a shrug before unlocking and hopping into his car. I quietly got in the passenger side avoiding Eddie's gaze. "If I'm making you uncomfortable, tell me and I'll stop."

His tone was more serious, sweet even. I turned my head to look at him in a bit of shock. I didn't really mean to, I just hadn't expected him to be such a caring person especially to someone he didn't really know.

"You're not, trust me I'd let you know." I smiled at him. "You're honestly kind of comfortable to be around."

"Kind of?" He inquired, eyes locked on mine.

"Well, we don't know each other." I stated as my smile dropped a bit. Eddie just nodded as if to say 'that's fair' before starting his car.

He reached to turn the radio on, as if to fill the silence but stopped and spoke instead.

"You know I never thought Allison Grey would come to join Hellfire club." He had a sort of cocky smile on his face as he spoke.

"Why do you say my name like I'm not real?" I tossed a question his way.