Seventeen: ...'cause he's so pretty

"You know you didn't have to watch Sixteen Candles with me right?" I spoke once the movie was over and he chuckled.

"Won't be doing it again darling, honestly don't know why you like that movie." I swatted his arm which caused his smirk to widen as his hands flew up in defence.

"Don't be mean to me!" He grabbed my wrists and pulled me into his chest as I shouted.

My face met his chest with a gentle impact resounding in a soft thud as his arms were quickly around my back. A soft sorry fell from his pretty lips, oh how I do adore this boy.

"Oh alright fine, you are just so very cute." I pouted with puffed out cheeks and I felt him chuckle beneath me.

"Glad I get a pass." I blushed once again as he said this and wondered when I'd be less easily flustered by him, probably never.

"Always my darling boy." I giggled into his chest though soon I was leaning back just enough to meet his wonderfully warm gaze.

"Always?" His brows furrowed lightly as the corners of his mouth tilted.

"That gonna make you cocky?" My eyes flicked from his lips back to his eyes.

"That alright sweetheart?" Our series of questions had me rolling my eyes with a light smile and Eddie had one to match as he stayed watching me.

"It's alright if it's you, but don't go tellin' people I like cocky." I wrapped one of my arms around him, draping it around his neck.

"Thought you were only into me doll." He mused with eyes falling down to my lips.

"That's precisely my point sweet boy." I pressed my words into him as his eyes drifted back to mine with what was perhaps soft longing.

"Sweet boy." He repeated, as if unsure though I was sure I'd called him that earlier. "D'you really think I'm sweet?"

I laughed even though I realised I shouldn't though to me that question was utterly ridiculous. "Of course I do."

Eddie had leaned back so he could meet my eyes, the way they captured mine this time was somehow unlike any other time they had. The way he looked at me had me wondering if that meant a lot to him, if he had ever really been called sweet before. It felt as if Eddie was filled with such passive longing, too afraid to act on the fact that he wanted something and I wasn't sure how to respond to that.

"You spending the night again Eds?" My overthinking left me saying nothing useful.

"Gonna let me?" I rolled my eyes at his question, a warm smile making its way to my face as one to match met his. "Stupid question?"

"Yea." I said with a chuckle. "Stupid question," my eyes flicked from his lips back to his eyes. "want you to stay."

"Want me to?" His face fell to nook of my neck and I couldn't help but to blush as I felt his lips press against my skin.

"F'course I do." I mumbled back.

"Yea?" His words tickled my skin.

"Stop being a dick." His body shook with laughter as he mumbled a broken sorry into me at my deadpan response.

"C'mon." I mumbled as I lightly pushed him off of me. "Rather hang out in my room."

"Oh?" Largely getting an idea of what I presumed was far dirtier than I was actually implying, Eddie climbed off of me and followed me like a happy puppy to my room, shutting off the tv in the process.

"Oh don't get any bold ideas Munson." I chuckled, half joking for at this point it was likely painfully obvious how badly I'd like for him to at least kiss me.