Five: ...sorry Eddie

So admittedly I didn't mean to ghost Eddie. He probably thought I did and you're probably wondering what I'm even going on about. Ok so basically I couldn't make it to Hellfire the night after I saw Eddie nor the Hideout on Tuesday. I couldn't make it to Hellfire that Friday either. I know you're probably wondering why the fuck did I ignore Eddie Munson the guy I instantly fell for...ya know for like two weeks?? I'd also love to know, okay I mean I do but, my parents are strict and it's harder to explain than I'd like. Honestly the night after I was pestered endlessly about where I was and of course I couldn't tell my parents I was out with the town freak I'd never be allowed out again. Let alone knowing I had bought pot, which was safely stashed in the back of my desk tucked into an old pencil case.

Anyways because of my vagueness and Eve's inability to drive they hadn't really believed that's where I was but they couldn't prove otherwise so I was stuck inside for nearly a week. I couldn't make it to Hellfire the second time because I was stuck helping Carter cover up a dumbass bender he took while our parents were on another business trip. We love dumb older brothers who think they're cool but they're just lame players, Carter isn't really that bad it's Evan who's the real issue but I don't wanna get into him.

Anyways here I was in my bedroom with Everest and Steve wondering what I should wear to the Hideout tonight. I really had wanted to see Eddie play and didn't mean to stand him up. All I could really do now was hope he wasn't too mad at me.

"Listen Grey I don't understand why you're even trying to impress Eddie the freak." Steve droned on and it made me want to remind him of who he used to think Everest was before he wasn't a dick anymore.

"I'll skin you Harrington." I threw a glare in his direction along with my empty threat and he rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Steve be nice, Eddie's cute." Eve chimed in and I waved my arms at her as if to suggest Steve should agree with me.

"Okay fine then why don't you go pursue him too." Steve tossed his words at her with crudely hidden jealousy and she rolled her eyes and swatted his arm.

"Just wear what you normally do, he already thinks you're cute right?" Everest was always more helpful and to be honest I hadn't called Steve over here but my parents really liked him so it's not like it mattered if he tagged along and he was our ride after all.

"Yea but I want to impress him I mean I did ghost him for like two weeks." I looked back at my open closet, surveying my many dresses, mostly pink.

"Wear something short." Steve suggested and it was the most helpful thing he'd said all night but it earned him a smack and "Perv!" from Everest.

"I mean he's not wrong though." I pointed out with a chuckle. "But that doesn't really narrow it down."

I frowned at the vast array of dresses before me. There were so many good options how was I to choose which dress would catch Eddie's eye best. After some more useless contemplation I grabbed a pale pink dress with some red heart detailing throughout. It was skin tight, had thin straps that might as well not be there and was glaringly short like most of the dresses I owned to be honest. It didn't matter if I showed skin I was nineteen after all. I turned with the dress in hand and got approval from both of my friends.

Slipping into the bathroom with Everest to help me into my dress and fix my hair and makeup up we returned quite a while later. We had bright smiles and triumphant stances as Steve rolled his eyes to suggest he didn't care and we had taken too long.

"Yea whatever, are we leaving now?" Steve droned on and now it was my turn to meet him with an eye roll.

"Always such a buzzkill Harrington." I shot back and Eve chuckled.