Chapter Seven

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

Jordan entered the kitchen for another cup of coffee. He ignored Zac, who had stared at him since he had walked into the kitchen. He sighed, turned to face Zac, and sat his mug on the counter. "Is there a reason why you are staring at me like some creep?"

Zac didn't answer for some time, annoying Jordan even more. "Wondering why you are in town?"

"Because he's my friend, and I want him here," Damon answered when he walked into the kitchen. "It's none of your business why he's here."

Zac didn't say anything; he just left the room in a mood.

"Someone else who doesn't like you." Jordan filled his cup with coffee and then turned back towards Damon. "I don't blame him for hating you. You're an asshole. And every time you come into town, someone else suffers and pays the price for your mistakes." He patted his friend on the shoulder on his way back to the living room.

Damon followed Jordan and sat across from him. "I don't regret anything I've done in my past. I did what I had to do. And forget about the past since what happens in the past stays in the past."

Jordan's day of alone time was over. "How can that be true when you want to bring Katherine back..." She's where she belongs.

"Katherine is different." Damon thought Katherine was his second chance at finding love. She came to him at the right moment.

Jordan thought differently. From the start, he didn't like Katherine, nor did he believe her act of acting nice and sweet. He saw right through the act, and that was probably why the girl herself didn't like Jordan. He didn't like him hanging around Damon or Benjamin and Sebastian. It was not like Damon had listened to anything Jordan had to say when it came to Katherine, as he was far too gone to realize he was being played from the start. She was even the reason the two best friends slowly fell apart.

"Katherine is a manipulated bitch. She used and made you turn your back on your own family." Jordan was always going to tell Damon how it was. "I know once she is free, you are going to do the same thing and turn your back on your sons. You've already done it once. What's to say you wouldn't do the same thing again? You have caused them enough pain over the years. Are you ready to put them through it all over again?"

"Not once have I ever turned my back on my boys." Damon snapped, not liking what he was hearing. "I love my sons more than anything in this world. –"

"Yet you still left them behind so you could take revenge on your brother. Then you turned them into the one thing you didn't want to become. And then you came back into their lives whenever you needed them for something."

"All the stuff I've done over the years was to protect them! Yes, I know it was wrong and selfish of me to turn them without asking them what they wanted first. I just didn't want to lose them, and you can't wrong me for wanting that. Sometimes I do wish they had a normal life and found a family of their own just like their mother always wanted for them. I feel horrible for breaking my promise to Anastasia."