Chapter Ten

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

"I don't know why I'm surprised that you killed someone because your brother pissed you off."

After only being away for a few days, Jordon returns to utter chaos. Benjamin was the one who broke it to Jordan that Damon had killed some teacher. Benjamin didn't seem to care about the teacher's death, unlike Sebastian, who did care. The youngest, Salvatore, was, of course, not happy with Damon, which caused him to stop talking to his father once more and walk out of the room his father was in.

"Maybe start to think about fighting with Stefan instead of killing someone every time he pisses you off. "

Damon shrugged. "Because I like my way better. My way is more fun."

"You know, Damon, the way you handle things is going to keep hurting the ones you care about." Jordan wanted his best friend to stop and think about what he was doing before it was too late. He wished his best friend would put an end to the ongoing feud he had going on with his brother. It was a pity that both Benjamin and Sebastian had to be dragged into their feuds. "So, what are you planning to do next?"

"I plan to free Katherine from the tombs." Damon plans still have changed. "T-"

Upon entering the kitchen, Benjamin interrupted whatever Damon was going to say. "So you plan to run away with Katherine? Start a new life with the woman who destroyed your life?" He poured himself a cup of coffee and sat beside Jordan at the table. He glared over at his father, who was sitting across from them. "I can't say I'm surprised by your actions since you'll never change. You'll always leave me and Sebastian. I've come to accept that you will never change."

Damon wanted to avoid having another argument with one of his sons. It even seemed unlikely he would get his own way. "I need you to understand that I don't plan on abandoning either you or Sebastian again. I meant what I said about trying to mend our relationship. Nothing means more to me than the two of you. That's why I think it's a good idea for you both to come with us."

Jordan thought Damon had officially lost his mind asking Benjamin and Sebastian to start a new life with him and someone they don't even know, someone they've only heard stories about, and they were never nice stories.

It seemed Damon didn't see anything wrong with what he said, though Damon didn't think he could do anything wrong.

Benjamin scoffed, not believing his father had the nerve to ask him something like that. "You think we want to go anywhere with you and Katherine? A person we don't even know?" Benjamin had no plans of going anywhere with his father, and Katherine though it would be a different story if it were just his father. He was confident Sebastian would feel the same way. "As far as I'm concerned, you and Katherine can go to hell." Without waiting to see what his father would say next, Benjamin left the kitchen, not wanting to be in the same place as his father any longer.