Chapter Nine

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

"Hiding in your bedroom under the covers all day isn't going to solve things."

Benjamin barged into Sebastian's room without knocking; he sighed when he saw the lump on his brother's bed hiding under the covers. Without so much as a warning, he grabbed the end of the covers and yanked them from Sebastian. "You can't avoid our father forever. Sooner or later, you are going to have to face him."

"I can." Sebastian dragged the covers back over himself only to have them once again yanked away from him, and this time, they were out of his reach, so he couldn't grab them. "I swear to god, Benjamin, if you don't leave me alone, then I am going -"

"You are going to do nothing." Benjamin grabbed Sebastian by the arm and pulled him from his bed. At least Sebastian let him do it without kicking up a fuss. "You're going to get yourself cleaned up and get dressed, and then you and I are going to go get something to eat before we go to school."

"I don't want to," Sebastian whined, not caring that he sounded like a child. He just wasn't in the mood to do anything. All he wanted to do was stay in bed all day and shut out the rest of the world.

"I thought you wanted to be a normal teenager and attend high school?"

"I changed my mind and decided to become a moody teenager who doesn't attend high school," Sebastian told him. "You already know what it's like to be one since you are already one."

"I take offence to that. I am not a moody teenager." Benjamin shoved Sebastian back onto his bed. "I'm the fun brother." he sighed again. "How about this? Instead of going to school, we go somewhere else?"

"Where would that somewhere else be exactly?" No matter where they go, they'll end up running into their father, and he doesn't have the energy to argue with his father about the same thing they are always arguing over. Sebastian knew how it was going to go with his father. He would do something the brothers didn't agree with, and then their father would say sorry when it was obvious he didn't mean it. It just goes around in circles when it comes to their father, and they'll be right back where they started.

"I don't know. Anywhere, and you can choose where we go."

"Deal, but you are paying."

"If it gets you out of the house, then yes, I will pay." Benjamin was happy he was getting his brother out of the house and out of whatever mood he was in. "Even though we don't need to pay for things when we can get what we want for free."

"We are not going to compel anyone to get things when we have enough money to buy what we want."

"If I want a drink, I'm going to have to compel someone to get one."