Chapter Eight

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

Every time Sebastian wanted some time to himself, someone had to find him and ruin his alone time, and that person always seemed to be his older brother Benjamin. 

All Sebastian wanted and needed was to escape from the real world for a while, and he found reading to be a way to do that. Reading books made him feel like there was something called a happy ending, unlike the real world, where he believed there was no such thing as a happy ending for someone like him. 

When Benjamin entered the library of their home, Sebastian never took his eyes off the page of the book he was reading when he addressed his brother. "Tell me what you want, B, then you can leave alone." 

"What makes you think it's me that wants anything." Benjamin knew Sebastian wouldn't look up from his book, so he decided to take the book away from him instead. He snatched the book from Sebastian's hands and then threw it somewhere, not caring that his brother was glaring at him. "Our father wants something from us." 

"Well, you can tell our father to go to hell because I'm not interested." 

"Why don't you tell me yourself." 

Sebastian looked his father in the eyes, gave him a sarcastic smile, and said. "Go to hell because I am not interested in whatever you've got to say." He sighed and glanced at his brother. "Can you leave now so I can get back to reading?" 

Damon sighed. He knew it was going to be difficult to get through to his youngest son. Things between them were still not right. He knew he was going to have to talk with Sebastian on his own so he could try to repair things. It hurt Damon that Sebastian didn't want to be in the same room as him for more than five minutes. 

Fixing things with his son was going to have to be put on hold, right now he wanted to disuse something else. "I wanted the two of you to come to dinner with me and my girl." Caroline wasn't his girl. He was manipulating her to get what he wanted, just like he was almost using other people to get what he wanted. 

"Sounds like fun," Benjamin answered. 

Sebastian, on the other hand, didn't think it would be fun to spend the night with his father and some girl he was with, who wouldn't even last a month before his father broke that poor girl's heart. "I think I am going to pass on dinner. You two can go without me." 

Damon already knew Sebastian wasn't going to agree to come. He looked towards his oldest son. "Benjamin, do you mind leaving the room so I can talk to your brother alone, please." 

Benjamin wondered if it was a good idea to leave his brother and father alone. "If you need me, then I'll be in my room. Alright?" He waited for Sebastian to nod and then left to go to his room, though he would make sure to listen in case his brother needed his help.