Chapter Four

Mystic Falls

The car ride to Mystic Falls was filled with nothing but silence.

During the ride, Benjamin seemed more interested in texting random people on his phone than anything else. Sebastian, on the other hand, spent half of the ride reading a book and the other half sleeping. Meanwhile, Jordan remained focused on driving but was also preoccupied with worrying about Damon and how things might turn out in Mystic Falls.

After the brothers got the whole story from their uncle Jordon the night before about what their father was really up to. It wasn't a shock since they already knew what kind of Father Damon was. He never did anything with the goodness of his heart; there was always someone he was willing to hurt to get what he wanted, and that person just happened to be Stefan again.

The feud between Damon and Stefan prevented the Salvatores from being a real family and Benjamin and Sebastian from really getting to know their uncle, Stefan.

To this day, nobody knows what was said between Stefan and Damon the night everything fell apart.

Benjamin and Sebastian couldn't understand how their father would want to bring someone like Katherine back into their lives when the best place for her was being stuck in the tombs for the rest of her life. If Damon was going to try and bring anyone back, then it should be their mother, but unlike Katherine, she was dead, and she wasn't ever going to come back.

As far as everyone knew, you couldn't bring back the dead, and if there were any, then people would be bringing back their loved ones all the time.

Jordan Peterson parked the car outside the Salvatore boarding house, a place he'd not been in a while; now, this place would be his and the brother's home for however long they decide to stick around.

He debated whether he should turn the car around and forget ever having a phone call with his friend, but this wasn't about what he wanted. This was about what Benjamin and Sebastian wanted, and they wanted to be here. He was going to do this for them and only them.

He finally turned off the engine and looked at the oldest, who was already staring at him as if he knew what his uncle was thinking. "I'm going to get the bags out of the back. You can be the one to wake Seb."

"You know, Uncle J, I think you secretly hate me." One thing Benjamin didn't want to do was wake his brother. The last time he woke his brother up, it didn't end pretty. He ended up with a broken nose and a few words from Sebastian that nobody should want to hear. "Why must you do this to me?"