Chapter Three

1875.

Benjamin sat on the edge of the bed where his younger brother's dead body was lying. It's been a few hours since his father forced them to drink his blood and snap their neck. It was also when they learned all about vampires. They never even had a chance to progress it all before they were turned into one. 

 Benjamin woke about half an hour after being killed, while Sebastian hadn't even woken up. He wasn't going to move from his place until his brother woke up; it was like his brother was being stubborn, not wanting to wake up, causing him to worry even more.

"He was furious with his father for taking something away from them without asking first. Damon had revealed the truth about supernatural beings but didn't give them any time to process it before killing them. To make matters worse, their uncle Jordan seemed to have known about it all along and never told them anything. Benjamin wanted answers, but he couldn't go through this new chapter of his life without his younger brother Sebastian by his side."

"Seb, I need you to wake up," he said, holding onto Sebastian's cold hands. "I can't do this without you. Please wake up. And I promise, if you do, I'll hurt Father for what he did to us."

Damon chose the wrong moment to walk through the door; behind him was Jordan. Jordan's once clean white shirt was now covered in blood, meaning he's completed his transition, and he's become the same thing his Damon was and soon Benjamin and Sebastian would become as well, that is if Sebastian ever woke up.

Damon was shoved hard against the wall by his eldest son, cutting him off mid-sentence. His son looked like he wanted to kill him then and there.

"What have you done?" Benjamin was furious. "You've turned us into monsters."

"B-"

Benjamin turned to his uncle and shoved him away from him. "This has got nothing to do with you!" he turned back to his father. "This is between me and you." and Sebastian if he ever wakes up. "Tell me why you did this to us? Why couldn't you have asked us what we wanted before you went and made the choice yourself? Don't we deserve to want what we want?"

Damon's eyes softened as he knew what it was like to have your choices taken away from you. He had personally experienced it himself. Katherine had forced him to drink her blood through mind control, and when he was transitioning into a vampire, Stefan forced him to complete the process because he didn't want to do it without his big brother. Seeing his sons reminded Damon of what he and Stefan used to be like before things fell apart.

"Yes, you deserve to make your own choice," Damon told him. "I apologize for not asking you and Sebastian what you wanted. However, I don't regret my decision. I couldn't bear to watch you grow up and experience the same fate as your mother."