Chapter 2

"Oh my god, Changkyun fuck off!" Wonwoo mumbled in his sleep. "Who's that? It's me, Mingyu. Did you forget me that fast?" Wonwoo sat up quickly at Mingyu's voice. "I forgot I was here" Wonwoo rubbed his eyes tiredly as he looked at the clock beside his bed that read 7:00 am.

"Who's Changkyun? Is it a boyfriend? I hope not, and you flirt too much" Wonwoo ignored Mingyu's questions and walked towards the bathroom. "He's my roommate. I forgot I wasn't at University anymore" Wonwoo threw a towel over his shoulder before making his way inside and once again acting like he was deaf to whatever Mingyu was asking.

The shower wasn't too bad, not surprisingly better than the University ones. Wonwoo's parents had called the day before to let him know that his University was ready to give him summer classes for the ones he was going to miss. Initially, Wonwoo was pissed. Of course he was, but this means a break, and god Wonwoo really needed a break, so he was going to enjoy it.

"You ready to go for breakfast!?" Mingyu asked, way too loud for 7 in the morning. "I guess. It's not going to be sludge, right?" Mingyu shook his head before going on to glorify the hospital food. "Do they pay you to talk so highly of this place? You seem to love it here" Mingyu smiled a half smile before opening the cafeteria door for Wonwoo.

"Life is better for me here than out there, and they're helping me, so I should be thankful and happy" Mingyu's enthusiasm could be a bit much for everyone, including Wonwoo. "And, of course, Hanie Hyung is here" Wonwoo followed his eyes to where Jeonghan stood with other nurses, but a smile grew on his face at the sight of Mingyu, cheeks turning a shade of pink.

"Look, Jun Hyung and Seokmin are here, let's sit with them" Wonwoo just followed along, not knowing what else to say. "Hi guys, they have bacon today! Yes, please" Mingyu leaned over to take a piece of bacon from one of the boys and popped it in his mouth before running away to stand in the line to get his own.

The boy screamed at him in Chinese, surprising Wonwoo. Not that he knew anything helpful in Chinese, but he knew curse words, his ex-boyfriend was Chinese, and he heard a handful from him. Wonwoo bowed his head awkwardly before going to stand behind Mingyu in line. 

Jeonghan approached them in line with a soft smile. "Are you feeling better today? Was Mingyu helpful?" Wonwoo nodded because he can't exactly complain that Mingyu is too loud for him, or could he? "You think he's a bit much, huh? You'll find it charming soon enough" Jeonghan laughed as his gaze lingered on Mingyu for a little too long.

Wonwoo's attention trailed to the tray of food that Jeonghan was holding. "Is this for you?" he asked, knowing the answer was probably no. "Actually no, this is for room 204" and there it was, the number that piqued Wonwoo's interest. "Who's in room 204?" Jeonghan seemed like he wanted to entertain Wonwoo's curiosity when another nurse came and lightly tapped on his shoulder.

"Jeonghan Hyung, room 204 is having another episode, Seungkwan got in there" Jeonghan's eyes widened as he put the plate down before rushing out. "What happened, Jihoon Hyung?" Mingyu asked the nurse, who just sighed before going to keep the line in check.

They both got the food before sitting with Jun and Seokmin again. The boy Wonwoo later learned was Jun still looked annoyed about the bacon that was taken from him. "So, what's wrong with you?" Jun asked, not caring about being polite.

"I fell into a river. They think I tried to kill myself" Jun smirked as if he liked the answer. "That's a funny one, welcome" Seokmin nudged the older to stop it before lending his hand over the table to shake Wonwoo's hand. "I'm Seokmin. That's all I know about myself, I have retrograde amnesia. My girlfriend, that's who she said she was, wanted to send me here to get help, and I need it, so I didn't say no."

"Why did you..." Wonwoo trailed off, and Seokmin got the drift. "It was an accident. My girlfriend was there with me. She seems like a sweet girl, I'm happy it wasn't her but me" Jun was quick to intervene. "He's too good, listen to my sob story instead" Wonwoo turned his head to look at Jun, who was staring back at him.

"You're cute" Wonwoo let out a laugh, he didn't expect that. "Thanks, you're pretty cute too" Mingyu's voice broke their staring game. "Wonwoo! Stop flirting with everyone, and Jun Hyung can get scary at times. He won't want you to flirt" Jun clicked his tongue before taking all the bacon on Mingyu's plate.

"He looks older than you, Kim. Call him Hyung" Mingyu had the most visible pout on his face as he watched Jun chew on the bacon. "Which year?" Jun asked, offering Wonwoo his attention once again. "1996" Jun was happy with the information, to say the least, as he got up to move and sit beside Wonwoo. "Finally, someone other than that tiger boy with my age, better call him Hyung now, Kim" Mingyu just nodded, still sad over the bacon karma.

"It's borderline personality disorder, I know you're wondering. That's what I have" Wonwoo actually liked Jun. He seemed much easier to be around, not that he didn't like Mingyu. It's always easier to get along with people who aren't too loud, at least for Wonwoo.

"I got in here for what you didn't do. I did that...clearly I failed. So I'm still here, but it was a weak moment, anyway enough of that. Great, Kwanie is here" Jun grinned as his fingers pointed towards the entrance.

"Who's that?" Mingyu was about to answer when Jeonghan dragged a boy into the cafeteria. "Why do you keep going there? Leave him alone, Seungkwan" Seungkwan winked playfully before searching the room for his friends, immediately making his way to them when he saw Mingyu wave at him.

"He freaked out again, I should probably stop doing that, but oh well" Seungkwan looked interested as his eyes landed on Wonwoo. "Hi, I'm Boo Seungkwan. My dad, Boo Daehyun has a software empire in Japan, don't you know him? Maybe my sister then, she's about to act in that new movie with Hwang Inyeop" Wonwoo was genuinely confused, families of celebrities are here too?

"I thought it was with Lee Dohyun? Did I hear wrong last time?" Jun asked with a slight tease in his voice. "No, um...that was another movie, she's acting in a lot, and you know me. I am training to be an idol. I can't wait to go back after this" Mingyu hugged Seungkwan from behind before messing up his hair which he was not happy about.

"Don't be too surprised, Wonwoo Hyung. He has a habit of lying. Pseudologia fantastica, that's why he's here. He's a pathological liar, but he really doesn't mean to. Right Kwan?" Seungkwan shook his head as he made eye contact with Wonwoo.

"I'm not lying. You all think I am. Please don't listen to Mingyu Hyung. That's not what I'm in here for. It's so that I don't develop anything before becoming an idol. It's just standard therapy. I don't have a personality disorder like they say" Jun shushed everyone before agreeing with Seungkwan and telling him to go get his food.

"He's been through a lot and had to lie most of his life, so we can't blame him. He's not from a rich family. He got this habit so that people wouldn't look down on him, it just got worse and worse, but he'll get better soon" Mingyu said with his usual optimism.

"What did he mean by the boy in 204 freaked out?" Jun shrugged, having no information to give Wonwoo. "He's a weird one. I've never even seen him outside. I think of him as a myth, the mystery of 204" Jun finished the last of his bacon as he got up.

"He only really talks to the pretty nurse, and oh yeah, Minghao! Doesn't he talk to Minghao?" Seokmin asked, and Jun nodded, suddenly remembering their odd friendship. "Who's Minghao?" Mingyu jumped up at the name. "Come on. You need to meet him! My best friend, Xu Minghao" and with that, Wonwoo let Mingyu drag him out to see the Minghao guy and hopefully get closer to 204.

⸻ 𝄞𓃠⸻