Chapter 12

"Mingyu!" Wonwoo opened his arms up for Mingyu as the younger went to hug him. "I missed you" Mingyu looked around the room before falling on his bed. "And I missed my bed" Mingyu sighed in satisfaction.

"Joshua and I are closer now" Mingyu was confused for a second before remembering the name. "You and 204?" Wonwoo nodded excitedly. "We have therapy together" Wonwoo was more than happy to explain everything that Mingyu had missed and Mingyu more than volunteered to listen.

"He likes you too. So why aren't you dating yet?" Mingyu laughed and watched as Wonwoo's face morphed to one of denial. "Ask him out, Wonwoo Hyung!" Mingyu said, sounding a lot like a demand. "No, he'll say no" Wonwoo covered his ears as Mingyu kept saying the same thing repeatedly.

"Do you want him to reject me that bad?" Mingyu nodded before shaking his head when he realised what he was nodding to. "Try asking him out. If he says no, then be his friend. Like you are now. You already flirt with him like that, he knows! So ask him" Wonwoo groaned as he listened to Mingyu whine repeatedly.

"And when he says no, you'll have to hold me while I cry" Mingyu agreed as he dragged Wonwoo out to breakfast. "I'm back!" Mingyu announced excitedly as soon as he entered to everyone at the table and sat down between Hansol and Seokmin.

"Missed you, kiddo" Jun, out of everyone, pulled Mingyu into a hug. Mingyu was startled at the suddenness of the hug, but he held Jun back tighter. "Jeonghan Hyung missed you a lot too" Seungkwan teased as Chan tried to cover his laugh up from beside him. "He's not lying. He's been snapping at everyone" Soonyoung said as he put a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"I didn't want to disappear like that, but I'm happy I get to see you all again" Jun nodded before placing a few pieces of his bacon on Mingyu's plate. "Have your bacon, don't leave again" Jun mumbled as Mingyu clung to him again.

"Junie isn't so mean anymore" Soonyoung laughed as he poked Jun with his spoon. "Do you want me to be mean, tiger boy?" Wonwoo was starting to like this place and everyone here. He knew he would leave soon, but he was starting to feel like he'll miss it a lot.

"Junie, do you have a thing for our Soonyoung?" Wonwoo asked just to bother Jun, but he was surprised at the shrug he got from him. Everyone was. "Why else do I annoy him every day" Soonyoung was staring at Wonwoo, mouth wide open. A spoon full of cereal stuck in mid-air.

"You have a thing for me?" Soonyoung put down his spoon as he turned to face Jun. "Was that not obvious?" Soonyoung shook his head softly, looking at Jun from a romantic point of view for the first time. Soonyoung gulped before going back to his cereal.

"Don't be weird about it, tiger boy. I thought you already knew" Jun laughed as he bit into his toast and leaned back in his chair. "He's overthinking it" Wonwoo watched as Soonyoung glared in his direction for even starting this conversation.

"I'm not overthinking it! If Jun likes me, he should tell me properly. Not like this..." Jun got up out of his seat, picking up Soonyoung along with him. "What are you doing?" Soonyoung panicked as he looked around for help.

Mingyu gladly chewed on his bacon, Hansol managed to steal Soonyoung's cereal and the rest watched in excitement. It wasn't every day that you get such a show like this. The rest of the patients had also turned to look at the two.

Jun smirked as Soonyoung's heart was beating faster at the hands around his waist, tugging him closer. "Jun, what are you doing? I didn't mean this" Jun wasn't even listening to Soonyoung. Jeonghan asked Jihoon to tell the rest of the nurses to have their breakfast since he wanted to see where this was going, and there was a part of him that worried the nurses would surely stop it. Jeonghan's nurse license needed to be revoked soon, even in his own opinion.

"I've fucking liked you since I saw you. You were so obscenely loud, but I found you to be the cutest little shit. I like every part of you, Kwon Soonyoung, every version of you" Soonyoung could feel his breath hitch. What was he supposed to say? Nothing he could say would match what he felt.

Soonyoung's hands went to grip Jun's shirt before pulling him forward by the collar. There was a slight hesitation before Soonyoung leaned forward and kissed him. Jun's eyes stayed open in shock as he watched Soonyoung scrunch his eyes shut. His lips moved carefully against Jun's, the sweetness of the cereal flavouring his lips as a result.

Jun held Soonyoung close as there was a mixture of slurs and supportive shouts from the room. Jeonghan leaned on the door as he watched, almost like a proud mother. Jihoon showed up somewhere in between, but even he didn't do anything to stop it.

Soonyoung pulled away first, loving the lingering feeling of Jun on his lips. He placed his forehead against Jun's lips as he tried to regain his breathing. "You're going to have to confess to him separately. I don't know if he'll feel the same way as I do" Jun knew Soonyoung was talking about Hoshi, and he would gladly confess to Hoshi too. He felt the same for him.

"And how do you feel?" Jun pressed a kiss onto Soonyoung's forehead. "He's into you too, obviously!" Seungkwan shouted, making Soonyoung chuckle softly. "I'm into you too..." Soonyoung wrapped his arms around Jun's waist before hugging him.

"...obviously" Jun couldn't stop the smile on his face as he hugged Soonyoung back, pushing the slightly shorter boy's face more into his neck. "Sit down and hug. Everyone is staring" Seokmin said as he pulled both of them down. "I came back on the right day" Mingyu said happily as he glanced at Jeonghan in the distance, looking at him.

"I'll ask Joshua" Wonwoo said out of nowhere, regaining Mingyu's attention. "You will!? Yes, yes, and if he doesn't say yes, which he will, you have to try harder" Mingyu said as he whispered an 'I'll tell you later' to everyone at the table. Wonwoo was either going to fuck up his progress with Joshua, or it was going to be worth it. He could only hope it was the latter.

⸻ 𝄞𓃠⸻