Chapter 19

"Whatever you say is going to determine the consequences of nurse Yoon's actions" Dr Choi had a cold face on, but it faltered slowly. "He didn't...we didn't. There's nothing, nothing serious" Dr Choi was not impressed by Mingyu's lying skills as he sat him down on the bed.

"Wonwoo, can you please leave" Wonwoo had no intention of doing so as he crossed his arms and stood by the door. "I'm not leaving Mingyu alone" Dr Choi looked like he wanted to protest, but there were bigger things on his mind.

"I saw him leave your room. The board directors want to let him go if it was only emotions involved, but if you've been with him physically, his nurse license...well, you don't need to know more, answer me Mingyu" Mingyu looked lost as he searched Dr Choi's eyes.

"Let go? You're going to make him leave?" Mingyu shook his head in denial as he got up abruptly. "Where is he? I want to see him" Dr Choi calmly stood up before sighing. "Mingyu, answer me. Have you slept with him?" Wonwoo felt like he was intruding, and the topic of conversation made him think about Joshua. What would he do if Jeonghan left?

"No. We did nothing. We barely kissed because he always pushed me away, saying it was wrong. Blame me! Blame me, Dr Choi. It's me. I went after him" Seungcheol looked at Mingyu with apologetic eyes.

"Mingyu, he's going to lose his job" Mingyu didn't wait to hear more as he moved past Dr Choi, pushing the door open before running towards Jeonghan's room. Wonwoo and Dr Choi exchanged glances, neither moving an inch.

"Aren't you going to run after him?" Wonwoo asked at the delay in Seungcheol's reaction. "I thought I'd give him a head start" Mingyu wasn't even concerned about anyone else at that moment. He slammed Jeonghan's door open as soon as he reached the nurse's quarters.

Mingyu's anger took a backseat as he stared at Jeonghan, sniffling softly as he packed his bags. "Angel..." Mingyu called out, making Jeonghan lift his head with a smile at the voice. "Gyu" Jeonghan sobbed the name unintentionally, and Mingyu wasted no time to rush to Jeonghan's side and pull him to his chest.

"I'm so sorry, gyu" Mingyu bit his lip to stop himself from crying as he felt Jeonghan's tears wet his shirt. "I tried to explain to them that I can't leave you, that you don't eat properly or do therapy if I'm not there. I tried gyu..." Mingyu ran his hand through Jeonghan's hair as he pressed his face against his head, begging his brain to remember every detail about Jeonghan.

"I don't want to leave you" Jeonghan's hands fisted Mingyu's shirt tightly, the boy's scent so strong in his senses that he didn't want to move away. "Angel, look at me" Mingyu hooked his finger under Jeonghan's chin before lifting it slowly.

"Don't think this is a goodbye. We'll be together. You're the only one in my life, I love you so much" Jeonghan only cried harder when Mingyu leaned down to press his lips against Jeonghan's as they had so many times before, but both knew it would be the last kiss they would have for a while.

Jeonghan's hand was still in Mingyu's shirt while Mingyu's disappeared into his hair. Mingyu kissed so sweetly, Jeonghan could feel all his emotions with how he kissed, free hands around Jeonghan's waist as he held him close to his chest.

"Mingyu" Jeonghan breathed as their lips separated. "I love you" Mingyu knew there was no point holding back his tears as the words left Jeonghan's mouth. "You finally said it" a tear escaped his eye, and Jeonghan quickly wiped it away with his finger.

"I always wanted to. I didn't know I could till now" Jeonghan wrapped his arms around Mingyu's neck to pull him back down for another kiss, salty tears escaping past both pairs of lips, too lost in each other to care.

"Mingyu" Dr Choi finally came in. He chose to stand outside the door until he thought it was time to come in. "Can I still see him, Seungcheol-ah?" Jeonghan asked quietly, still not untangling himself from Mingyu.

"Yeah, I'll try to make that happen" Jeonghan placed his head against Mingyu's chest as he tried to savour the moment, but Mingyu had a different reaction. "How can you just let him go? Why can't you do everything to stop this? Why would you let him go!?" Jeonghan just listened as he hugged Mingyu, having pushed his limits with the begging earlier.

"I can't Mingyu, I don't control these things" Mingyu was not an angry person, but he was furious right now with how he had Jeonghan, who was always so strong in his eyes, crying against his chest. "You told them, you didn't have to" Seungcheol looked down because he didn't have a response to that.

"I just did my job" Mingyu scoffed before looking away. "Can I be with him until I have to go? Please" Seungcheol couldn't say no to Jeonghan's face, knowing he was to blame. "Okay" Seungcheol took one last look at the two still hugging, not paying any attention to what Seungcheol was doing, not caring if he stayed or left.

Seungcheol closed the door behind him, groaning in disappointment at himself. "Really? He's leaving because you told the board executives? You did this?" Seungcheol shut his eyes at the acknowledgement of the person behind the words.

"Hoon I-" Jihoon frowned before making Seungcheol face him. "You're always a good doctor, you always put your career over our relationship, and now you can't even do that right?" Seungcheol's face morphed into an annoyed one at the comment.

"I am a good doctor. I needed to tell someone. It was a power imbalance. Mingyu is vulnerable, he's never had a parent figure, and you don't think that has anything to do with that relationship?" Seungcheol hated that this also led to problems with his own relationship. He just wanted to do his job.

"He's his comfort. Don't you understand that? And if you're talking about power imbalance, what are we?" Jihoon was disappointed as he walked away, not wanting to waste his time on the conversation, leaving Seungcheol behind to regret even slightly what he had done, too late to go back.