Chapter 5

Finally, Wonwoo had the chance when Mingyu fell asleep. Waiting for him to sleep was torture. Every five minutes, he would start a conversation about something random, and Wonwoo would have to shut him down just for him to come back with something new ten minutes later.

Wonwoo slowly pushed the blankets off him, placing his feet on the floor ever so lightly before unlocking the door and getting outside. The last thing he needed was Mingyu to wake up and snitch to his angel and get his game boy taken away.

He made his way into the common room. It was so beautifully empty and quiet that Wonwoo was questioning why he hadn't done this before, even without the game boy. Sitting by the window and looking outside seemed like a nice time. The 7th-floor view was beautiful from the french window, but it was locked, not unbelievable since there were a lot of suicidal people here who would use the opportunity.

Wonwoo had learned how to open locks after many instances where Changkyun would stay over at someone's place with the key, and he was locked out. So picking a window lock wasn't too hard, the fresh air was so lovely to Wonwoo. He acted as if they weren't taken outside for exercise, but this wouldn't compare.

Being alone and feeling the night breeze on your face while overlooking almost all of Korea at night was so satisfying. Wonwoo took out his game boy before playing to his heart's content. He really was a top-tier gamer, you have to believe him. The leaderboards do not lie, and how even after all being put in here, his winning streak was still going strong.

Maybe an hour or two passed. Wonwoo can't remember clearly. He looked over at the clock that read 2 am, he dreaded waking up at 6 in the morning tomorrow, but he wanted to play one more game before going to sleep.

He was so focused on the game that he didn't notice the light footsteps of someone entering the room. "Oh" Wonwoo quickly looked up to see a boy who immediately looked down to avoid eye contact. "I'm sorry, I'll get going in a minute" at first, it didn't register in Wonwoo's head, and he returned to finish his game, just for a second before he realised what he saw.

It was the light brown hair, the boy! It's room 204. The boy was standing quietly, unable to move as if he wanted to but couldn't. His hands were slightly shaking, and he was avoiding eye contact at any cost.

"You're welcome to join. The view looks great, especially since the window is open" Joshua glanced up when he said that, and Wonwoo saw him, the most beautiful boy he's ever seen. Of course, Wonwoo had seen enough beautiful boys in his life to determine that it was him. Without a doubt, he was the most breathtaking human he's ever laid eyes on, and Wonwoo was proud of his judgement.

He knew there was something about Joshua the moment he saw the mess of hair in 204, and he was finally meeting him. "Yo-You can't open" Joshua walked over, avoiding Wonwoo before shutting the window and walking back. Wonwoo thought he was going to stop, but he wasn't, and he wanted to talk more, even if it was for a few more minutes.

Wonwoo wasn't thinking as he leaned forward to grab Joshua's arm, stretching his shirt a little, so it was off his shoulder. Joshua turned back, a deep blush on his cheek as he quickly pulled his shirt back up, took Wonwoo's hand off and walked out of there at lightning speed.

"That did not just happen. His shirt just had to fall!" Wonwoo pulled his face as he groaned. "God, he's so beautiful. Snap out of it, Jeon" Wonwoo forced himself to leave the common room and return back, but he had to stop in front of 204.

"Hey" Wonwoo knocked like he did that day, but still there was no response. Again he could hear Joshua move from the other side, so he slid down and sat by the door. "I wanted to introduce myself to you a long time ago. I've wanted to meet you since I got here" he felt a weight on the door from the other side. Joshua sat down just like Wonwoo did.

"Why?" Wonwoo couldn't help the smile. He was going to make conversation. "You've been on my mind since I saw you, well not all of you, just your hair and you were still on my mind. I'm Wonwoo. Even though you didn't ask, remember my name Joshua Hyung" there was a loud pause before Joshua said something.

"Ho-How? You know...my na-name?" Wonwoo could tell how hard it was for Joshua to even talk to him like this, but he was trying, and that made him feel warm inside. He still couldn't figure out what Joshua's problem was, but the shyness was cute.

"I want to know more, and we can talk more. If you don't want to see me, then we can talk like this. Your voice is really pretty, Hyung" Wonwoo didn't have to see Joshua to know he was blushing. "It's la-late! I need to sleep" the stutter was doing things to Wonwoo's heart, but it was true, it was late and they should sleep.

"Sleep well, sweetheart" Wonwoo got up to leave when he heard a quiet response. "Do-Don't call me that" Wonwoo didn't say anything more as he quite literally skipped back into his room. This was euphoria. He gamed and talked to Joshua! He didn't need anything more.

"Mingyu! Mingyu, move" Wonwoo climbed into bed with Mingyu, wrapping his leg and arm around the boy who woke up with all the noise. "What are you doing?" Mingyu questioned but still put an arm around Wonwoo. "I'm happy. I met him! I'll tell you tomorrow" Mingyu was half in and out of sleep to even comprehend what Wonwoo was saying, so he just hummed and unconsciously stroked Wonwoo's hair.

"What exactly did you and Jeonghan Hyung do when you went missing?" The hand that was playing with Wonwoo's hair was quickly brought down to close his mouth. "Shhh" Wonwoo's laugh was muffled against Mingyu's hand. Wonwoo was falling asleep with only Joshua on his mind. It was nice to have a face attached to the Joshua he kept imagining. The real boy was way above anything he could've imagined too, and Wonwoo needed him in every way Joshua could be his.

⸻ 𝄞𓃠⸻