two.

Witch vs. Party

~~~~~

{outfit for chapter above}

"she was like a breath of fresh air compared to everything ordinary that happened

"she was like a breath of fresh air compared to everything ordinary that happened."

~~~~~

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state," The teacher, Mr. Tanner, began. "People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union."

Alora listened to what he said, wanting to be as polite as possible. But in all fairness, her father had already explained everything to her. He had told her about all the historical acts that had happened, seeing as he had lived through all of them. He made the explanation ten times more interesting than anything that Mr. Tanner said.

But Alora wanted to make a good impression.

So she sat at the uncomfortable school desk and listened to the man speak.

During the lesson, Alora kept passing glances at the other new kid in school—the vampire. She had an unhinged curiosity and desperately wanted to know why he would want to live in this town, seeing as it was a notorious hotspot for the supernatural.

Animal attacks.

It was a common thing she had been seeing in the news ever since her and her father had come to town. Immediately, it had raised red flags for both of the Grey's. Normally, when they had seen it in other cities they had lived in, vampires were normally lurking around.

And as Alora had sensed, there was already a vampire.

But it still didn't sit right with her.

From what she had seen when she brushed against him, it looked like he had given up blood—human blood that is. The images that had flashed through her mind, plus the amount of strength she sensed from him, made her believe that he was only drinking animal blood. That meant he most likely lacked control and had an immense amount of bloodlust...there was a word for it, yet Alora was having a very difficult time remembering what it was.

But if that was the truth, then it meant there was another vampire in town. One that did feed on human blood to survive and one who wasn't afraid of killing innocent humans.

And that was the vampire responsible for the attacks.

And that was the reason that worried her.

Alora also kept glancing at the pretty girl she had seen earlier—the witch.