three.

Guardian Angel

~~~~~

{outfit for chapter above}

"the simple concepts confused her more than she ever thought they could

"the simple concepts confused her more than she ever thought they could."

~~~~~

"How was the party, Lor?"

Alora closed the front door behind herself before she turned around and looked toward her father. He was sitting on the couch with his legs propped up on the coffee table in front of him. He had a beer in hand and the news was playing on the television. The current headline looked like something  boring and uninteresting.

She shrugged in response, walking to the fridge and pulling out a water bottle. She walked over to where her father was and collapsed down onto one of the cushy chairs that was next to the couch.

"People are rude and have little care for the wellbeing and feelings of others," Alora replied, not giving a complete straight answer as to what happened.

Dean was taken back by her sullen attitude. Normally, she was a lot more chipper after hanging out with other people. Something had definitely gone wrong.

"Care to elaborate?" He questioned.

"Someone attacked one of the high schoolers at the party," Alora twisted the cap back onto her water bottle, tossing it to the side just as Arthur jumped up onto her lap. "Her name is Vicki Donovan. She's a senior, works at the Mystic Grill, and she was out in the woods one moment and the next..."

"Being carried out with bite marks on her neck?"

Alora nodded, running her hand through Arthur's orange fur.

"Everyone was just standing around doing nothing. No one had a clue what to do," Alora kept her eyes trained on the little fur ball in her lap. "If the vampire keeps attacking people, it's only going to get worse."

She was worried about what was going to happen to the people in this town. She assumed that there must be some people that were aware of the happenings in Mystic Falls. That there were people that knew about all the things that went bump in the night and believed that it was true.

But what was their plan?

How were a group of humans meant to be able to take on a vampire?

A creature of the night that was faster than them, smarter than them, and could control their minds if they didn't ingest vervain or have it on them.