five.

Her First Football Game

~~~~~

{same outfit as last chapter}

"i have about as much grace as a baby duckling

"i have about as much grace as a baby duckling."

~~~~~

When Alora got home, her father was nowhere in sight. He wasn't in the house and his car wasn't in the driveway. She was greeted by her cat instead. She picked Arthur up off the floor, placed a kiss on his head, put him back on the floor, and headed up the stairs.

And of course, Arthur followed her up the stairs as well.

Both of them made sure to avoid the Devil cat.

Once in her room, Alora placed her back on her desk chair, allowing it to hang. Arthur took a sudden interest in the strings that hung from the bag. He ended up trying to bat them with his paw as Alora flopped down onto her bed.

She didn't know how long she laid there nor did she really have the heart to care.

She didn't have anything else to do. She had finished the assignments she had been given that day during the last period when the teacher had stepped out. She had already worked on her magic a bit earlier that morning—her father wanted her to practice or something like that.

The only thing that she had to do was go to the football game later that night.

Until then, nothing.

The outside was beginning to darken and the sky was being painted with faded hues of oranges, , yellows, pinks, and reds.

Alora had turned to the side in her bed, looking up from the book she had picked up around half an hour ago. She watched as the sun slowly set, only to get interrupted when she heard the front door close and then her father's voice.

"Lor!"

"Yes?" She shouted back.

"Come downstairs!"