six.

The New Friend

~~~~~

 "it's not my fault that your family has unbelievably good genetics

"it's not my fault that your family has unbelievably good genetics."

~~~~~

When Alora walked downstairs the next morning after the football game, she was greeted by her father, who was standing in the kitchen with a cup of tea in his hand. In front of him, was a separate one, which he offered to her as soon as she made her way over towards him.

"Sleep well?" Alora questioned before taking a sip of her tea.

Her father was normally never up before her. He often woke up in the middle of night because of night terrors—not that she was supposed to know that. Because of that, he would attempt to sleep in later than normal, but it never really worked, which allowed for him to be up before her sometimes.

And when he was, Dean would make sure to brew her a cup of tea, so she would have it as soon as she ventured down the stairs.

"Well enough," Dean replied.

He was well aware that she knew about his difficulty to sleep. Alora wasn't the most subtle person when it came to asking questions. Besides, it wasn't like he was actually trying to hide it from her. He would just prefer that she didn't know.

Alora nodded and walked over to the fridge, pulling out her jar of overnight oats. She was finally happy to get into a good routine with school—one that included her being able to have her oats each morning.

"What dreadful flavor did you concote this morning?" Dean questioned, once again eyeing the jar with distaste.

"Apple pie," She replied, slipping onto one of the bar stools with her jar, a spoon, and her mug of tea.

"Yes, please, ruin one of the best desserts to ever exist by turning it into mushy, cold oats."

Alora playful rolled her eyes, "Mock all you want, but you have still yet to actually try it. That means you aren't allowed to diss it."

Dean laughed, a smile spreading across his face, "It's a free country, Lor, which means I can do whatever I damn want to."

"This is Logan Fell coming to you live from the streets of Mystic Falls with breaking news of another deadly animal attack," Both Alora and Dean looked towards the TV when they heard this. So far, neither of them had heard of new developments.

"The wild animal terrorizing the citizens has claimed another victim, the local high school histroy teacher and coach of the football team, William Tanner. His body was found outside the high school on Friday night before the first football game of the season."