one.

The First Day

~~~~~

"she was a happy soul with an infinity for stirring up trouble

"she was a happy soul with an infinity for stirring up trouble."

~~~~~

Dean hated Mystic Falls.

He didn't always hate it though.

There had been a time in his life where he cherished the little town. A time when he was a naïve child with the biggest worry in his life being which older sibling he was going to annoy—he had many choices given that he was the youngest out of many.

But just like every child, he had his favorite sibling, which was one of his older brothers. He had idolized him and strived to be just like him. Dean would follow his brother around, enjoying to see what troubles they would get themselves into.

The moments were blissful, carefree, and beautiful. He had thought that he had everything he could have ever wanted. At least that was up until the darkness of the night came creeping out of the shadows and robbed him of his life.

Death claimed Dean as his own that night.

And that was where Dean's spite for the town sprouted from, blossoming into full blown hatred for anything even associated with the name of his old home town.

Dean's grip tightened on the steering wheel when he sped past the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. Unwanted memories came flooding in. His jaw clenched and he looked away from the sign as fast as he could.

He had made peace with his past—with his death and the horrors that he had faced in its wake.

But peace and hatred were two very different concepts.

And Dean had plenty of hate to spare.

In attempts to calm himself down, Dean glanced over at his daughter, who had peacefully fallen asleep. Her earbuds were still in, a faint smile was on her face, and her cat was cuddled up against her also sleeping.

Just from the sight of her, his anger dissipated before it subsided completely. His grip on the steering wheel loosened back to how it originally had been.

Hades jumped onto the center console, having noticed the change in Dean's mood. The sudden movement caused Alora to stir awake. Her eyes fluttered open and the first sight she was met with was Hades glaring at her.

She glared back at him.

"Sleeping beauty awakes," Dean teased her when he saw that she was awake.

Alora smiled at the words, sending one last glare at Hades before she finally noticed that they had arrived in Mystic Falls.  Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Oh my gosh! This looks like something straight out of Gilmore Girls or Hart of Dixie!"