four.

Asher and Amanda

~~~~~

{outfit for chapter above}

"making friends was easy, but keeping them was the hard part

"making friends was easy, but keeping them was the hard part."

~~~~~

Alora woke up with the sun.

The rays of sunshine peaked through her white curtains, casting a golden glow across her room. She peacefully laid in bed for a moment, listening to the birds chirping outside her window, singing a beautiful little tune.

Arthur stirred against her. The cat had been sleeping on her stomach as usual. He lifted his head up before standing up on his paws. He walked forward on her, his small paws eventually pressing into her chest, causing Alora to let out a pained chuckle.

She loved cats with all her heart.

But that action was not something she appreciated.

She lifted Arthur off of her and placed him on the bed. She then sat up and swung her feet off the bed, feeling the soft rug beneath her feet.

Alora stood up and walked across the floor to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Once Alora was done, she went down the stairs, closely being followed by her orange cat. When she got downstairs, she pulled out a jar of overnight oats from the fridge—she had finally found time to make herself breakfast, even if it had been the night before. She placed the jar on the counter and put the kettle on the stove.

As she waited for the water to heat up, she got two cups ready. One for herself and the other for her father, who was bound to walk down the stairs at some point. With the cups and herbs prepared, Alora grabbed a spoon and sat on one of the barstools. She twisted the lid of the mason jar and began to eat the oats she had prepared the night before.

"Oh, gross," A voice commented from behind her, "your eating that mushy stuff again.

Alora turned her head to see her dad entering the kitchen. He was wearing a black tee accompanied by Marvel sweatpants that she had gotten him as a gag gift—he ended up liking them, even though he would never admit it.