9

It's been a few weeks since you've been cleared to train again. Natasha and Bucky have been helping you get your strength up.

Natasha helped by sparring with you. Running with you, lifting weights.

Bucky helped by making you ride him almost every night.

You got surprisingly weak after you got shot. But that's probably because you couldn't eat solids for a long time. You're slowly getting your strength back.

"He Bucky, Steve and I are going out tonight. Wanna come with?" Sam asks as he eat the spoonful of cereal you were gonna eat.

"Sammy!" You scold as you shove him away.

"Jeez sorry," Sam says as he rubs his chest where you shoved.

"Yea I'll come," Bucky says and Sam smiles. "Alright then, I'll see you later tonight," he says before leaving you and Bucky alone.

"Boys night out huh?" You ask with a smirk. "Maybe you'll get lucky."

You get up to wash your bowl and Bucky leans against the sink next to you. "Are you gonna be okay by yourself?" He asks.

"Why wouldn't I be?" You ask.

"Well, I know Wanda and Nat are out on a mission. If you get lonely, just call or text me, okay? I have no problem with dropping everything to come back here and keep you company," he says with a smirk.

"Uh oh Barnes, sounds to me like you're getting attached," you tease with a smirk and a mischievous glint in your eyes.

He chuckles as he looks around before gripping your waist in his hands. "I'm just being a caring... friend," he says as he leans down and softly kisses you.

"I'll see you later doll," he says before leaving. You smile as you watch him leave before turning your attention back to the dishes.

Later that night, you were home alone in the compound. Which is really rare. You're not sure where everyone is, but they're not here.

It also makes you feel uneasy.

You're currently sitting in the main room watching tv, when you hear something. You peek over your shoulder and don't see anything. Looking back at the tv you shrug it off, than you hear it again.

"I'm gonna die tonight," you say as you get up and head to your room.

The sound follows you and more fear sprouts in you. Especially since you just finished Stranger Things. You lock yourself in your room and play your favorite song.

Scrolling through your contacts, you pick Bucky's and call him. It barely rings once before he picks up.

"Doll?"

"Bucky I keep hearing scary noises," you say.

"What?"

"I'm home alone and I keep hearing scary noises," you say.

"I'm sure it's nothing, doll," he says trying to calm you down.

"You told me I could call you and you would come home to me," you said.

"I know that—"

"Bucky please. I need you," you say. "I'll on my way, doll," he says before hanging up.

You sigh as you stand up and pace around the room. A breeze blows past you and you look over and see your window is closed. A light touch on your arm sends goosebumps up your spine and you turn around.

"Y/n," you hear someone whisper your name.

"Ah hell no," you say as you start to walk towards the door.

You're thrown back by nothing and hit the wall. Quickly, you stand up and run to your bathroom. You close the door and press your body against it to keep it closed.

Something on the other side of the door keeps pushing and banging on it. You use all of your strength to hold it closed, until you can't anymore and it gets pushed open. You fall back on the floor and crawl in the corner. A knife floating in the air makes it way towards you slowly and your eyes widen as your breathing picks up.

"What the fuck?" You ask as you bring your knees to your chest and try to make yourself as small as possible.

Bucky runs into your room and his eyes widen when he sees a knife floating towards you. "Y/n!" He calls as he starts to walk towards the bathroom and the knife falls to the floor.

He rushes to you and cradles you against his chest as you try to calm your breathing down. Tears of fear fall down your face and you grasp onto Bucky tightly. "You're okay, doll. I've got you," he says as he kisses the top of your head.