11

The next morning you wake up and feel a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. A smile spreads across your face as you recall who's they are and you turn around in his grasp to face him.

"Good morning," he says in a raspy voice, his morning voice. He presses a lingering kiss to your forehead and you blush. He pulls back to look at you, keeping eye contact with you.

You feel butterflies in your stomach as he continues to stare at you. Every part of you aches to reach out and touch him, so you do. You place your hand on his cheek and he grabs it and brings it to his mouth. Kissing a line up each of your fingers. 

A feeling grows in you that you've never felt towards him. This whole time, you saw Bucky as a friend... who you occasionally have sex with, but that's it. You never look at him with this feeling. A feeling of admiration and... wow his eyes. They're almost grey. Like storm clouds mixed with an ocean.

He leans in and kisses the tip of your nose before resting his forehead against yours. That's when it hits you. This whole time, you've been in love with him. Bucky fucking Barnes.

"You broke a rule," you say quietly trying to distract yourself and he pulls his forehead away from yours. "I didn't wanna leave you alone after what happened last night," he says and you nod your head.

"C'mon, Tony's should be back already," he says as he gets up. You start giggling at the fact that he's butt naked. "Shut up doll," he laughs as he throws his shirt at you. He turns around and you slap his ass.

"Tushie," you say quietly and he shakes his head as he puts his boxers on. You put his shirt on over you and stand up.

He puts his pants on and you grab your sweatpants and underwear and put them on. "Are you stealing my shirt?" He asks as he grabs your waist and pulls you against his chest.

"Do you have a problem with that?" You ask and he shakes his head. "No, it looks better on you," he says.

"Of course it does, everything looks better on me," you scoff and he laughs.

"C'mon lets go find Tony," he says as he takes your hand and leads you out of your room. "You might want to get a shirt first, or people will get the wrong idea," you say.

Bucky nods and leans down to kiss your cheek before heading towards his room. You lean against the wall and wait for him to come out.

He walks out of his room in different clothes and smiles at you. He puts his hand on the small of your back and leads you towards Tony's office.

"Hey guys," Tony says as he looks up at you guys. "What's up?"

"I was attacked in my room last night," you say.

"Straight into it," Bucky says with a nod.

"What? By who?" Tony asks.

"I don't know. Whoever it was, or whatever it was, I couldn't see it. And I'm not being crazy okay. Bucky saw the knife floating," you say and Bucky nods.

"Okay, I don't have cameras in your room, but I have some in the hallway, so I'll look and see if anything went in your room last night," Tony says. 

"Thank you Tony," you say and leave the room with Bucky.

The next few hours, you spent in the main living room with Bucky and Sam. Steve was training down in the gym and Bruce was with Tony looking over the security cameras still.

"I still find it weird," Sam says for the hundredth time. You explained what happened to you last night, but that's not what weirded him out. What weirded him out is the fact that Bucky left to come home to you.

"Sam drop it," Bucky says.

"We were talking to some hot girls, you had the hottest one," Sam says and Bucky shifts in his seat as he flares at Sam and you look down at your fingers in your lap. "You got a phone call and the next thing I know, you're pushing the girl out of your way and practically running out the door. You didn't even explain yourself or tell us you were leaving. Steve was calling after you, but you didn't turn around."

"Like I said, y/n said she thought someone was here. I wanted to make sure she was safe," Bucky says.

"Right of course, like a brother would," Sam says with a smirk and you and Bucky both cringe. "What, did I say something wrong?" He asks with a grin.

"No," you and Bucky say in unison. Sam puts his head down and lets out a chuckle.

Tony and Bruce walk in with a concerned expression and your face falls. "Don't tell me I'm crazy," you say and they shake their heads. "Don't worry. You're not crazy," Bruce says.

"After we basically tore apart technology to see what went into your room, we found our answer. Jack Rollins of hydra has an suit on that makes anyone appear invisible. That's how he got in undetected and was able to attack you," Tony says.

"H-hydra?" You ask and Bucky scoots closer to you.

"Yes," Tony says with an upset look.

"What does this mean? Hydras after me?" You ask and Tony and Bruce look at each other. "That's what we think," Bruce says.

"I don't want you by yourself at all. Sleep with someone in your room, when you go to the bathroom, have someone outside the door. Same when you shower. When you leave the compound, you will have someone with you, no matter what. You are to never be alone, do you understand?" Tony asks and you nod your head.

"Hey Tony, can I look at the security footage?" Sam asks and he nods. "Go ahead."

"We'll do everything we can to keep you safe y/n," Bruce says noticing the sick look on your face. Bucky rubs your back softly and you blink back tears.

Tony and Bruce leave the room and Bucky wraps his arm around your shoulders. You put your head against his chest and he kisses the top of your head. "How 'bout we go out tonight? We can go to a bar if you want," he says and you nod your head.

"Yea, that'll be nice," you say.

"Who's gonna sleep with you tonight?" He asks and you shrug. "Nat and Wanda don't come back till midday tomorrow. Sammy snores loudly. Maybe Steve," you say and Bucky nods.

"If you want, I uh I— I could sleep with you," he says and you look up at him. "I promise I'll keep you safe."

"I thought we made a rule about no sleepovers," you point out and Bucky's brows pinch together. "Doll, we already broke that."

You blush and look down again. "That would be nice," you say and he smiles.

Sam rushes in the room and looks at the two of you. "I thought you didn't do sleepovers," he says and yours and Bucky's eyes widen as you pull away from him. "You thing is to fuck and then leave," Sam says.

"I didn't want to leave her. A floating knife had just attacked her," Bucky says.

"Are you guys dating?" Sam asks and Bucky stands up.

"Lower your voice and no we aren't. We're friends... with benefits," he says and Sam rolls his eyes. "We all know those things never work out. Have you never watched a movie?"

"Shut up Sammy," you say and he rolls his eyes before storming out of the room. "Jeez, why is he so upset?" You ask.

"No idea," Bucky says with a shrug.

"I owe you twenty bucks," Sam says to Steve as he walks in the gym. Steve looks at him with a raised eyebrow and Sam rolls his eyes. "He's not dating her, just fucking her," he clarifies.

"Told ya," Steve says with a chuckle.