Chapter 9: "arcade"

"Arcade"

They eventually found themselves stood infront of a building called "zero gravity arcade" and stepped inside. Mk and Mei have been here thousands of times before but still got excited when entering. The arcade also would have some new games added every now and then, so mei and mk had there eyes pealed just in case. They walked to a small machine and put a fair amount of money in. It registered the amount then tokens flooded the the lower section of the machine. They grabbed three of the cups that were next to the machine and equal didistributing the tokens. They soon began running around playing games. Well it was mostly mk and Mei dragging redson all over. They played lots of multiplayer games and single player taking turns and cheering each other on. MK found it unbearably hilarious how mei and red got so competitive and frustrated at each other when versing each other. Especially during this one racing game.

Mei: IF YOU DONT STOP TAILGATING ME REDBOY IM GOING TO SLAM ON MY BREAKS!
Red: WELL MAYBE IF YOU GAVE ME AN OPENING!?
Mei: AND LET YOU WIN, HA IN YOUR DREAM!!! IM THE RACING CHAMPION!! REMEMBER LAST TIME YOU RACED ME!?
Red: IF THOSES PEASANT DEMONS DIDNT CHANGE THE CORCE THAT TROPHY WOULD HAVE BEEN MINE!
Mei: HA you mean the STONE FRUIT?!
Red: YOUR GOING TO REGRET SAYING THAT!

The two were like this the whole game, with mk just dying laughing the entire time. Just back and forth bickering. But it was in all fun, mostly. You could tell they admired each other's dedication and competitiveness. As they ran around they soon needed a break from gaming. Being one of the bigger arcades in town, it had a small restaurant with in it. They walked over and got seated into a booth table. Mk and Mei on one side and red on the other. They talked about the games they have played and others they won't to when done eating. Eventually a server came over, took there orders, then brought there food out when ready. As they ate mk left for the bathroom. Mei quickly changed her seat, getting up and moving next to redson. Red looked at her questioningly.

Mei: so, hows been living with mk?
Red: exceptional.
Mei: that's good. You seem to be getting close.
Red: close? I wouldn't say that. I'd hardly consider that noodle boy my friend.
Mei: HA suuure red boy. Holding hands seems like a pretty friend thing to do tho~
Red: wa- I WHAT?!
Mei: I'm just joking, kinda. Don't think I didn't see tho.
Red: Ugh you are unbearable.
Mei: he he I no.

Mk returned soon. By now mei was back in her normal seat chatting with red about games. Mk joined the conversation. They soon finished there meals and were back to roaming around the arcade. They played more games, with there tokens slowly running out they became more wary of how to spend them. Mk and Mei played there favorite dance game as redson watched. He laughed quietly as mk would mess up and make some weird move and noise trying to quickly get back on rhythm. They did run out of tokens not to long after and began to walk to the exit. As they did they pasted a big box with a curtain.

Mk: a photo booth!! You guys want to take pictures?
Mei: uh YAH!!
Red: alright?
Mk: Come on!

Mei stepped in first then mk. It was already packed. Mk motioned for red to try and come in. He stepped in and sat on the side of the small seating, but mk rapped a arm around him immediately and pulled him closer too fit into frame. Mei inserted a five dollar bill in and the screen began to counted down. One...two....three snap! This repeated four times as four photos were taken. Redson quickly got up and out as they finished. Mk and Mei soon stepped out excited to see the photos. Three papers soon fell out of the shoot. Mk picked them up handing one to red and Mei. They laughed at the funny faces they made and how mad red looked in the last pictures looking as if he was going to kill mk after he pulled him. Mei slowly stopped laughing looking at the first picture. Red looked startled and a bit....flustered when mk pulled him in but again ignored it, but still found it suspicious. They finally exited the arcade and left for MKs apartment. This time as they walked redson too joined there conversation.