Chapter 10: "Don't Eat Peasant Arcade Food"

"Don't Eat Peasant Arcade Food"

         Redson slowly woke up in a daze that didn't seem to go away. He sat up, head feeling fuzzy until a spike of pain shot through it. Following that he could feel his stomach twist and weave in circles. He clenched his stomach, bringing his knees up to him. He continued to wince in pain causing mk to wake up too. He looked at redson a little confused of what it was he was doing, until hearing the noises of pain that were escaping him. Mk sat up.

Mk: red? You ok?!
Red: obviously not! AHG- ow....
Mk: what's hurting?!
Red: uh my head and stomach
Mk: aw I'm sorry you feel this way red. Here let me get some stuff to help you!

Mk left the room as red stayed still in pain. Mk ran in with a small trash can, waters, a cold rag, and some medicine. He put the trash next to the bed, which poor red used immediately. then gave red a pill and some water. After he swallowed it and put the water down. he helped red lay down comfortably. He placed the rage gently on his head. Red hummed feeling the cool rage on his head and the meds kick in decreasing his headache by a lot. Mk pulled the cover and a blanket over him.

Mk: you think you'll be ok why I'm at work? I can find an excuse to stay? You look really bad, do you no what it could be??
Red: I thank you for the concern, but I'll *is voice hitches as a pain goes throw him* b-be fine. And if I was to guess, it could be that peasant food from yesterday. *holds his stomach*
Mk: probably, mei has gotten sick there before  once. And are you really sure? You seem to be in a lot of pain and I wouldn't forgive myself to see you get worse.
Red: you have a job that's more important!
Mk: but your MORE important! What if it does get worse?!
Red: no I'm not. Noodle boy, please just go to work. I'll be ok.
Mk: you are and NO! I can't have you here alone!
Red: can't you make a clone? Then you can go to work. And hopefully on time for once.
Mk: that's, actually a smart idea.
Red: obviously
Mk: I could just send one down as me for the day. That way I no your actually being taken care of properly. Sometimes my clones go a bit  Rogue.
Red: sound like a plan. Now if you don't mind I'm going to try and sleep now. 
Mk: oh alright! I'll be in the other room if you need me.

Mk walked out leaving red to sleep. He than pulled a couple strands of hair out and blow them out infront of him. A gust of golden wind blow as the clone took form. An exact replica. He gave the work cloths to the clone and at around 8:30 it headed off and down to the noodle shop. Mk then sat himself down on the couch and played some video games. He kept the volume low so if red called he'd hear it. He also realized that red hasn't eaten. He though he should get some food in him as he did throw up early and may also be feeling sick out of hunger unknowingly. He got up and walked to the room wanting to no if there was anything specific red would want. He cracked the door open a bit before calling in.

Mk: Redson?
Red: mmm?
Mk: hey do you want anything to eat? It may help you a bit.
Red: *in a groggy voice*mhmm could you make me waffles?
Mk: of course! I'll be back in a sec.

He walked out and made his way to the kitchen. Opened the freezer and throw two waffles into the toaster and pressed it down. It didn't take long before they popped up. He put them on a plate before walking back the room. The room had the lights off and blinds covering the window. He walked in and turned the light on a low setting to allow red to see the food. Red slowly sat up in bed and yelped as he stretched his stomach. He leaned against the bed frame. Mk rushed over asking if was ok, handing him the food.

Red: I'm fine noodle brain. No need to worry. And.....thank you.
Mk: it's no problem red, and imma worry all I want!
Red: your ridiculous, you no that?
Mk: I no! But that's what makes me so amazing!
Red: mhmm *he groaned as he ate*

Mk waited till red was done to leave and place the plate in the dish washer. He turned the lights off again and shut the door lightly as red went back to sleep. Mk made himself busy with cleaning a bit for once. Just simple stuff like wiping the counters and other quiet tasks. While he cleaned the dish washer ran and was soon down. He put the dishes away organized just how red had them. When done he sat back onto the couch playing games once again. Hours went by quickly with red only calling him once asking for something small to eat then back to sleep he went. MKs clone soon returned into the apartment with no suspicion from the others. He poofed the clone away and went to make dinner, but was stopped by a scream. He sprinted to the room.

Mk: OMG RED!? YOU OK!?

Red was curled up on the bed letting out sounds of pain as tears formed in his eyes. The pain was unbearable. His breathing was unsteady and ragged. Mk rased over turning the lights on again at a low setting.

Mk: ReD-
Red: p-please don't....yell agh.
Mk: sorry red, but are you ok?!
Red: AHG my...stomach..I-I Ahh. *tears stemmed down his face*
Mk: shh shh hey I'm here, it's ok. Here.

Mk moved himself onto the bed and hugged red and began to rub soothing circles onto his back. Red started to try and regulate his breathing which helped with the pain only slightly. He had his eyes squeezed tight trying to endure the pain. He had never felt so sick in his life. He's barely ever been sick either. Mk slowly released him as red turned to the trash to throw up. Mk handed him a water which red took and drank slowly. Mk said he'd be right back and went and grabbed a new cold towel. Red layed down again and he placed it on his four head. He felt the pain slowly subsiding, but still not fully.

Mk: how are you feeling?
Red: better....
Mk: *sigh in relief* thank goodness, I'm really sorry you have to feel this way.
Red: noodle boy, you don't need to apologize. Your not The one Who got me sick. The only thing sicken about you is your enthusiasm.
Mk: ha ha sorry, I just hate that you are sick. It's not fair.
Red: seems fair. I do kinda deserve this.
Mk: No you don't! Nobody does.
Red: mhmmm...
Mk: you should get some more rest. Hopefully you can sleep the rest off and feel better tomorrow.
Red: I hope so....thank you.
Mk: no problem redson. Imma sleep on the couch so you can sleep-
Red: NO!....i-I mean you don't have to. You should sleep somewhere comfortable, you have work tomorrow and and..
Mk:HAA geez red, if you wanted to cuddle so bad just ask!*mk said jokingly*
Red:* face reddening* I-NO that's not wa- I uh! Your impossible.
Mk:*laughing* HA I'm just kidding red

Mk layed next to red and fell asleep soon after. Redson did his best to fight and ignore the pain as he too began to drift of to sleep.

1331 words