Chapter 1

Anthony sighed as he took one last drag of his cigarette. He put the cigarette out on the ashtray and looked out the window. In just a few moments the train would be pulling into the station. He yawned as the train came to a sudden stop. Anthony stood up, grabbing his bag, and exited the train. As soon as the night air hit him, a relief went over Anthony. He was never a fan of enclosed spaces, he grabbed a map and hurried away. Anthony walked calmly as he looked down at the map. He frowned, it was in French, "buon dio" he mumbled.

As Anthony was attempting to read the map a voice from behind spoke "you seem to be lost" the voice calmly said.

Anthony snapped his head back towards the voice "Holy shit" he mumbled "You need a bell, ya know that?" he mumbled an Italian accent laced in his voice.

The man laughed "I tend to get that, names Alastor" he smiled widely.

Anthony shook his head "Anthony, anyways you perhaps understand French?" he asked tiredly, Anthony just wanted to get some sleep. The man by the name of Alastor smiled happily "Of course! Where are you trying to get to, my effeminate fellow?".

Anthony raised an eyebrow at the name but shrugged it off, he had been called much worse, he recalled the information his dad gave him "St. Charles".

Alastor continued to smile "Just go straight down there until you see a park, then you take a right and you will see it" He hummed. Anthony nodded and thanked the man.

Alastor hummed as he got to the trolly. He got onto the trolley with all of the others who were going home for the night. He continued to smile, he never stopped it seemed. Alastor got home and greeted his mother who was hurrying to get off to work. His mother worked as a nurse meaning her hours were always random. He waved her goodbye and headed upstairs to his room. He closed his door and his smile turned into a grin, "how interesting" he mumbled, "I wonder what he would taste like" his grin turned even more wicked as he turned to his desk and sat down.

Anthony checked in and went up to his room. He was exhausted after his long train ride to New Orleans. He was here on an assignment. He had been assigned to this town meaning he would be here every so often. He sighed as he put his suitcase on the floor and headed into the bathroom. He took a quick shower and brushed his teeth. He looked in the mirror and ran his hand through his hair "I need to cut this" he sighed as he dropped his hand and headed to bed.

472 Words