Part 8

Alastor headed out of the house leaving Anthony behind. He headed to the store to buy things for jambalaya. He already had the meat at home he just needs more rice and some seasonings. He walked into the store and headed for the spices; he saw a young woman reaching for a spice. Alastor walked up behind her and grabbed it; he handed it to her with a smile "Here you are dear."

The lady blushed "Oh, thank you" she mumbled taking it from him. Alastor was quite attractive, so he was used to these kinds of reactions.

"My pleasure", he moved down the aisle and grabbed his desired spices. He then grabbed rice and with all his items he went to the cashier. He paid for his items and left a tip for the cashier "Don't spend it all in one place" He winked causing the cashier to lightly blush.

He left the store and instead of heading straight home he took a right turn and headed down the street to Rosies house. He knocked on the door. Rosie answered, "Alastor, what do I owe the pleasure?" she questioned.

"May I come in?" he asked, Rosie nodded and allowed him in. Rosie led him to the living room, she sat down on her chair and face Alastor who was sitting Infront of her.

"So, what's wrong?" She asked, picking up her sewing.

Alastor hesitated, he put his bag on the floor "Is Emma home?" he asked.

"No, my daughter is out with her friends currently." Rosie said, concern creeping in her voice.

Alastor sighed, his smile fading slightly but neither the less staying, "What does love feel like?" his voice was weak.

Rosie stopped sewing; she knew better then to ask why "It's a comforting feeling".

"How do you know if something is...love?" he avoided eye contact, he was drowning in his own shame

"Well when you look at him do you feel warm and safe?"

"I think so..."

"So, you are in love with this boy?" Rosie grinned, checkmate.

Alastor's face went red, he coughed "Whatever do you mean?" he stumbled, "Oh look at the time, I must be going. Pleasure to see you-"

"Wait Alastor, love isn't something that is easy but it's worth it" She smiled as she continued to sew. Alastor muttered something about not being in love and rushed home to his Anthony, wait no just Anthony. Anthony wasn't his...

Alastor's mother returned home after pulling her double, she looked at the shoes on the floor and noticed Alastor was gone, but however they had a guest. She went upstairs to the guest room and knocked on the door. Anthony, thinking it was Alastor, got up and opened the door "Hey Al...oh hello" his voice went quite..

"Hello darling, do you know where Alastor is?" She asked smiling at Anthonys shocked impression.

"He went out to buy some ingredients to make jambalaya, are you his mother?" He asked nervously.

"Yes, I am, names Elizabeth, about you Cher?" She asked pleasantly. Her son never had a lot of friends, so she was quite happy to see that he had found a friend.

"Anthony, Madam" he answered politely, he was raised to address people not by their names but by sir and ma'am.

Elizabeth smiled, "Call me Elizabeth, Cher" she let out a small laugh "It's been a pleasure to meet you, I ought to get to bed though" she gave him a smile and walked away. Anthony let out a sigh of breath, he closed the door and sat at his desk. The front door opened indicating Alastor was home.

Anthony was at his desk finishing a letter to his father, he glanced at the time 6:45 and with doing so heard a voice yell from downstairs "DINNER" Alastor yelled. Anthony smiled, putting his pen down he made his way downstairs.

Alastor set the table, he had made jambalaya, he put a made plate in the fridge for his mother... Anthony made it downstairs and sat at the table looking at the meal Infront of him, he turned to Alastor "What is this?"

"It's jambalaya, it's my specialty" he smiled.

Anthony took a bite, his mouth exploding with flavor "This is good! What kind of meat is this?" He asked taking another bite.

"Multiple different types" he smiled sitting across from Anthony. Anthony soon finished his food and walked over to the sink and was about to start dishes with Alastor stopped him "I've got it", Anthony pouted and shifted off to the side. He hoisted himself up on the counter and listened as Alastor hummed.

Alastor finished up the dishes and looked at the time, "I think it's time" his smile laced in venom as he dried his hands. Anthony smiled, getting off the counter and allowing Alastor to lead him to the front door. They took the last trolley of the night to the French Quarter and headed to the park to wait.

The park was quite open, Anthony looked around and grinned "So how good are you at climbing?" He asks turning to Alastor.

"Not too bad, why do you ask?" Alastor saw the grin on Anthony's face, Anthony pointed to a tree. Alastor sighed "Alright".

Alastor climbs the tree first, Anthony following him. They sat on a branch waiting for their targets, it was only 7:50 so they had a little time to spare. Anthony pointed at the sky "look, it's a full moon" he grinned. Alastor let out a small laugh at Anthonys excitement, he looked at Anthonys eyes...they were even more beautiful in the moon light. Anthony turned to face Alastor "What's up with that look Al?" he asked. Without saying a word Alastor put his hand under Anthony's chin and pulled him closer. "Al?" Anthony whispered, his heart beating.

"Yes, my dear?" He teased; Anthony gulped. Alastor smiled, he looked in Anthonys eyes, the moon light reflecting off them, he leaned forward getting closer by the seconds. He was inches away, able to feel his breath and then...SNAP. Alastor let go and put a finger to his mouth. Arthur was below them. 

Next Update: 7/28/23 at 5:15pm (EST)