Universe 6 Part 6

Shockwaves are appearing in all corners of the ring as the battle moves faster than most people can see. Y/N finally throws a stronger right hook at Saitama's face, which he confidently blocks and counters with his fist

in Y/N's face, throwing him backward. He drags his feet and recovers, and the battle picks up again.

Goku: Wow! I've never seen Y/N so serious! He even seems to be on the back foot!

Whis: I agree. It is very odd that Champa would have a mortal such as this given his earth seems to have died.

Beerus looks at Champa angrily as the fight rages on.

Beerus: Hey! What sort of trickery are you using?!

Champa smugly laughs.

Champa: None! Your beloved Y/N just seems to have lost his edge!

We refocus on the battle for a moment, and Saitama has a clean match-winning punch lined up, but before it can land, just for a moment, Y/N's eyes flash silver, and he counters the punch with one of equal strength before the battle picks up again.

It's Beerus's turn to laugh, though this laugh seems to be more of a self-calming laugh rather than a laugh of triumph. Vegeta watches shrewdly.

Vegeta: It's unbelievable, but Y/N is being pushed. This baldy is extremely powerful.

Y/N and Saitama continue dashing around the arena, and Y/N finally lands a blow, this time on Saitama's gut. The blow is not as dull as most of Y/N's have been thus far, and Saitama is knocked backward. But before Y/N can follow up with another attack, he winces in pain, and Saitama uses the opening to get behind Y/N and force him back on the defensive.

Beerus: Hey, what was that?! He had a wide-open shot, why didn't he take it?!

Whis: Y/N's arms are coated in the very energy of destruction. That will take its toll on him. And I fear that toll is not going to be light. All of this for your little grudge match, may I add.

Vegeta quietly listens.

Vegeta: So he's covered his arms in that energy of destruction, has he? It reminds me of Kakarot's Kaioken technique. A large boost in power, but the damage to one's own body is just as large, if not larger.

Y/N has a gap to attack Saitama, but winces in pain again and has to jump away to make sure he isn't counterattacked.

Y/N: Damn it all!

The purple Ki surrounding the arms blinks for a moment, revealing exposed muscle tissue on his arms, with several severe burn marks running down both arms. Whis and Beerus look grave. Vegeta's look doesn't change, and Goku just looks confused. The destructive Ki wraps itself back around Y/N's arm and he runs back at Saitama, but his moves are beginning to look more and more sluggish.

Vegeta: He's destroying his arms. All in a grudge match set up by Lord Beerus.

Y/N can't maintain the Ki arms for much longer, which then exposes the state of his arms to everyone else watching.

Shin: Oh my! That destructive energy must have been tearing his arms apart!

Kibito: It's a miracle that they even still work in that state.

Luckily, Y/N's legs still work, so he's still able to keep up with Saitama's speed. With every punch Y/N counters, the visible pain on his face grows worse and worse. After a particularly strong punch from Saitama, Y/N's right arm falls limp. He has no time to dwell on it however and just keeps jumping around with Saitama, desperately dodging so that his left arm doesn't meet the same fight as his right.

Whis: If this goes on for much longer, Y/N may lose function in his right arm for good. You wouldn't want that, now would you?

Beerus can't respond and just watches the fight with a worried look on his face. Y/N has stopped using his fists, meaning his strategy has devolved into just using kicks. Eventually, Y/N has to block a brutal punch with his left arm, and it falls limp as well.

Y/N: Damn, I didn't want to have to use this. But at this point, I suppose I don't really have much of an option!

Y/N's hair stands on end, and his eyes turn silver.

Beerus: He's being forced to use Ultra Instinct. This mortal of Champa's is a problem.

Y/N is dancing around the battlefield much smoother than before, and Saitama finally can't land a blow. However, every counter-kick that Y/N tries is very easily either blocked or outright dodged.

Y/N: This baldy needs to Go. To. Hell!

Y/N unleashes a stadium-shaking roar, and his kicks pick up in intensity. Saitama matches his intensity rather easily, and their speed ramps up to the point where the only people capable of watching the bout fully are Whis and Vados. Back in the stands, Goku looks more excited than he's ever looked before. He's in so much awe he can't bring himself to even speak. Vegeta's face looks as neutral as ever.

Vegeta: I can't keep up with the fight any longer. This is insane!

Finally, they get a small moment to take a breather. But the fight doesn't pick back up, as a strange third party seems to have interrupted the fight. Y/N, being the first one to see them through all the dust, immediately falls to his knees and bows as best he can without the use of his arms. The dust clears, revealing a small blue and purple pill-headed child.