chapter one

Standard Font - English
Bold Font- Na'vi

Minay's P.O.V

As young as the age of seven i have been living permanently in my avatar body. even though i was born a human to human parents, but now they are gone and now i care for my eight year old sister who also permanently lives in her avatar body too. And since me and my sister was born on pandora it was a must for us both to be fluent in Na'vi  and English, So we were taught Na'vi first. so yes that means slight accents when speaking English.

I'm outside siting on the stairs of the longhouse where all the avatars body's sleeps in the Avatar compound. I am finishing crocheting a new top for Coy when I am pulled out of my thoughts by Coy.

" my sister, Grace said new supplies just came in, she also said the new avatar divers will be linking tomorrow and lunch will be ready soon. but that is not the what i came to say i came to ask if you can retwist my hair please?" coy said looking over my shoulder to see what i was am doing.
" okay do you want me to retwist it now and then style it when lunch is over? i asked finishing the strap of the crochet top.
"yes please also did you make me a new top? she asks.

(This is what the top looks like)

" yeah i did do you like it? i say looking up at her smiling since im on the bottom step and she two steps up.
" i do! thank you!" she say coming down the stairs to back hug me.
"that's good i would have been sad if you didn't . now go put this up somewhere so you can wear it tomorrow. and go get a comb and hair clips and i will get the sap-like-gel from that plant over there. so we can be done before lunch starts." i say standing up stretching then puting my yarn and crochet hook back where it belongs and walk into the longhouse and put it under my bed.
" okay." coy say walking pass me.

i walk back outside and down the stairs and look up to the sky it is still day light and it is the most beautiful thing. i head to the plant that looks similar to a aloe vera plant but but has a sap-like-gel consistency. i squat down next to it and grab my knife that is straped on my left thigh and cut a leaf off and walk back to the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It never fails to amaze me on how pandora climate and low gravity have effect on every thing . coy started her locs one year ago and now it has completely loced. as is mine even though i started mine when i was seven even before when i was a human i had locs. our parents told me our human heritage we are well was African American. and told many storys of the past. i was pulled back to reality by grace constantly calling my name.

"Minay, Minay, Minay! ,pandora to Minay! hello? Minay!" She says worriedly.

"Hm? Yes?" I say looking up at her.

"Welcome back kid I thought I lost you for a sec...come on lunch is ready" she says smiling.

"I'm coming " I say getting off the stairs following behind her.

"So what did you two children do today while I was out?"Grace asked while we walk to the to the dining hut.

(The dining hut is the eating Area the RDA made for minay and Coy but the avatar divers eat there to whe in their Avatars)

"Well I don't know what coy did today but I crochet and finished a new top for Coy which she going to wear tomorrow. and I retwisted her hair which I have to style after lunch. And then after we are doing training." I say as we walk into the eating Area.

"Well that's a eventful half of the day activity..oh and did coy tell you the new avatar divers are link tomorrow morning?" Grace asked while we walk to the sink to wash our hands.

" it was...and yes she did tell me" I say drying my hands
"Do you know that one of them was a jarhead dropout I asked him if had any lab time and he said he dissected a frog once" Grace said rolling her eyes while grabbing some slob they called beans.

I looked at the beans with disgust and decided not to get anything but grabbed a water.

"Jarhead dropout?!..he was a marine?" I say.

"Yep..he's in a wheelchair tho" she says

"Oh" I say.

" why didn't you get any Minay? The lady asked as we walk to where coy is sitting eating fruits.

"You know the foods here is nasty Grace I'll grab a fruit from the garden before training." I say as we sitting down across from coy.

"Haven't I told you two to wear shoes " Grace states looking under the table. Coy stop moving her feet and stopped eat and stares at me and I stare at her back blankly rising my eyebrows.

"Yep every week.. and we still don't put them on  " I say with a blank face while looking back at Grace.

The lady smacks me in the back of the back with her tail "smart one." She says

" ow!" I winced rubbing my back.

"Ha" coy says laughing.

"It not funny!" I say

Soon lunch was over and Grace goes to do her own thing.

"You ready?" I say looking down besides me to look at coy.

"Your going down!" She says looking up at me.

" Bold words for someone half me size!" I say jokingly "but I meant to style your hair" I say pushing her playfully.

"OH! then also yeah!" She says

30 minutes later I'm done styling coy hair." Like it?" I asked "always " she says jumping up.

" Like it?" I asked "always " she says jumping up

(This is what the hairstyle looks like)

"Lets go train!" She says excitedly. "Alright" I say wiping my hands on a piece of cloth.

A/N: if you are reading this tell me if it's good or not please Thx! -mouse.

Updated:3/8/23