Scream

Stiles had gotten home quickly, thanks to a lot of speeding. Stiles had seen a lot of supernaturals, but nothing like her.

After sending the babysitter home, he locked up the house, sliding the deadbolt into place and sprinkling a jar of mountain ash across the threshold of the door.

When he had moved into this house with Ally the first thing that he did was make mountain ash baseboards.

"Daddy, is something wrong?" Ally asked, and he looked at her, wearing her pajamas and holding her stuffed animal.

"No. Nothing's wrong, baby," Stiles said, picking her up,"I was just putting down a bug repellent, there's a lot of mosquitoes out tonight."

Thunder rumbled outside, and Ally whimpered wrapping her arms around Stiles's neck.

"It's okay," Stiles said, hugging her close,"Do you wanna sleep in my room tonight?"

Ally nodded and Stiles carried her into his room and he pulled the covers up around them.

"It's okay," Stiles whispered to her,"I've got you."

Ally went to sleep, while Stiles stayed awake, waiting for something bad to happen, each time lightning struck close to them, he flinched.

It was two hours before something actually happened, Stiles's eyes were drifting closed, but a knock on the front door made him jolt awake.

Stiles looked down at Ally, making sure she was still sleeping before standing up, reaching under his bed and pulling out a metal baseball bat.

Going to the front door as quietly as possible, he looked through the peephole and saw the girl.

Almost stumbling back, he looked down to make sure the mountain ash was still there.

"I know you're there," She called from the other side of the door,"I just want to talk."

Stiles opened the door slowly, and a cold wind blew in, the rain had lessened, the thunder was long gone but now there was barely a drizzle.

"Mountain ash," She noticed, looking at the black line of dust,"Smart. But I couldn't walk in any way without your permission."

"Is that supposed to be some kind of religious thing?" Stiles replied, holding his baseball bat tightly.

"No, it's a supernatural thing," Hope said,"Something you obviously know about."

Stiles didn't reply, he kept his face dormant of all emotion.

"My name's Hope by the way," She said,"You would've known it earlier if you hadn't just taken off running."

"I was still trying to let the fact settle in that you almost bit a guy's head off. Literally."

"It was a nibble on the neck," Hope replied,"And he's still alive."

"What do you want?" Stiles demanded, glaring at the Tribrid.

"I want to know what you are," Hope said,"It's not every day that someone is completely unaffected by my compulsion."

"Compulsion?" Stiles repeated,"Like mind control? You were trying to mind control me?"

Hope blinked, listening to his heart,"You didn't know that I was...Forget it, you're not a witch. I would have sensed that, even if you gave up your magic."

"Witch? What? You know what? Forget it, just go away. I don't know why I was immune to your mind control or whatever but I'm not anything. I am a human. I've had supernaturals screw my life up for years and I don't need that anymore, so just go away!"